About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wed already?

Camping was a good time. I love our annual camping weekend w/ our family. The kids have so much fun playing w/all of their cousins. We went boating, tubing, played games and ate like pigs :) We stayed in cabins. The cabins were nice, much bigger than what we're used to. This cabin had 2 sets of bunk beds, and a really tall loft w/ a full size bed for hubs and I. I was nervous about the loft w/ the kiddos. I was praying for safety all weekend. The river was super busy w/ boats as well. On the last day, my little one fell from the loft! TEN feet down, landed flat on her back on the wood floor!! AHH!! Scared the crap out of us! Thankfully, not a scratch on her, not even a bruise! Biggest fall she's ever taken, by far!

My dear friend lost her mother unexpectedly this week. I feel her grief as acutely as I feel my own :( She is my soul-sister. We are very close, and very much spiritually connected. We were baptized together. Ever since then, when matters of the spirit arise, its her I turn to. I spent the night w/ her the day her mom passed. She's been more in shock than anything else. I love her much, and feel her pain. Going to the viewing and funeral this week is going to be tough. Not only for my sweet friend, but for me as well. I'm still broken over the loss of my father. I wonder what this funeral will feel like for me?? M was with me when my dad died. She's the one that poked me to crawl in bed w/ him as he took his last breaths :( She was the first one to put her arms around me, and she prayed for me immeadiately, that I would feel God's peace in that moment, that he would wrap his arms around me. I want to be there for her in the same way that she has been here for me. We are still young- it doesn't seem right that we should be losing our parents already! I nearly lost my mama in May. I feel like I need her more now, than I ever did when I was a teenager. Now that I have my own husband, my own children, I need her guidence more than I ever did before- her advice. M feels the same. Devastating to lose a parent. Her dad passed away 11 years ago- she is only 33, and now without both of her parents. My heart aches for her. Going to be a tough week!

No comments: