About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Holy Line Batman!

So, President Ford's body has been hanging out in dntn Grand Rapids for the last 24 hours. I never expected this to be such a big deal. Grand Rapids isn't an interesting city, nothing 'big' or noteworthy ever happens here. The line to go see President Ford's body, had 60,000 people in it. 60,000! WHO does that? Obviously, everyone! Except me. I have no desire to wait in line for 8 flippn' hours w/ 3 small children. I just can't get over the hullabaloo. I'll go see his grave site after it settles down around here. There have been some really cool things happening though, b/c of the funeral. Today there will be a cannon shooting. There has been a banner at the bottom of the TV all of last night and today, asking that nearby residents turn off all car alarms at 330 today, b/c the cannon could cause them to go off, and that would mess up the quiet of the moment. There will also be 21 fighter jets that will fly over the Grand River today. I hope we get to see them from here! I live 8 miles south of downtown, where all the action is, and 5? miles from the airport. The city and 'burbs are crawling w/ people. Unreal! It was kind of cool watching Larry King Live last night, and seeing all the live shots of my home town, and listening to all the Grand Rapids, MI refrecens. Very cool. I'll be hanging out on the deck this afternoon, trying to catch a glimpse of the sweet-ass fighter jets. I'd love to be able to drive a bit closer to dntn, but both my girls have the stomach flu today. Ick. I hope it's short lived, and that the rest of us are able to stay healthy! If you're able, tune into the news today!

2 comments:

Becky L said...

Yeah, loud booms can really set off car alarms. Its actually kinda funny. I was out watching fireworks on 4th of July, and all the car alarms were going off whenever there was a big firework crackling.

it did kinda ruin the ambiance though.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.