About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Surprise!

My mom's surprise party was great fun. She was clueless the entire time! It's more than rare for her to be speechless, but she was, for at least a few minutes. It was fun to watch all the different emotions play out on her face. First confusion, then shock, then laughter (including a few snorts), and then tears. Lots of friends showed up, even friends that she hasn't seen in years. This is the first time I can remember my mom having a birthday party, ever. She always has had them for my SD, and for my bro and I, but never for her. It was awesome.
The rest of this weekend is going to be quiet. Hubs is gone to a poker game tonight. I'm planning on ordering a veggie pizza (I only get them when hubs is gone. He won't eat them), and watching a few Disney movies w/ the kids. I don't want to go anywhere. Its friggn' FREEZING here right now. It is 1* F right now, but w/ the wind chill factored in, it feels like -17 F, so says the weather man. Really cold. I ran a few errands this morning, and Avery was playing in the yard when I got home. I can't believe hubs let her outside, or that she wanted to. She had on all the proper gear, but damn! Too cold! The weather has been nuts lately. On Thursday, we had winter snow advisory, thunder storms, tornado watch, ice storm advisory, and a high wind warning! Not right at all. Thunder storms and tornado watches in Feb? Only in MI. It's suppose to warm back up in the 20's tomorrow. Nice, time to bust out the BBQ.
Other than that... Not much going on. I still feel ugly. I'm trying to work on it, but its tough right now. I don't like watching my skin flare up w/ nothing to be done about it. I just hope it settles back down sooner than later. I'd really hate to be a hermit. I'm going to start tanning this week. That's suppose to help. And I'm heading to the doc this week as well. Stupid psriorsis. I can't spell. I was reading that after you give birth, or stop nursing, within a few months, it can get worse. And it so did. It didn't act up like this w/ my other kids. Not that I can remember. But then again, I didn't start thinking about it, or worry about it until this last year. Up until then, I just thought I had dry skin. And of course, I worry about everything WAY more now than I did when I was younger. And winter does make it worse, and so does lack of sunshine. Which we had like 2 sunny days in an entire month. The doc never has anything new to say about it, but now that I'm not nursing, there should be more treatment options for me. I certainly hope so! I fear I'll turn into a lizard. I'm actually more fortunate than most, and I need to keep reminding myself of that. Mine is not nearly as severe as most. I need to stop worrying about it, and being petty. Maybe I need some anti-depressants. Or a little no-more-paranoia. That would be helpful. I'm rambling on and getting carried away. Bah. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

5 comments:

Avery's mom said...

only getting what we want when our husbands are away (vegie pizza)
I wonder if our husbands know our delight when they are gone?
I got to go to Blockbuster today with out BAtman and picked out what ever i wanted :)
yay, for a little independace lol

Lindsey said...

Veggie pizza?! Ewwwww. LOL.

I spent my weekend in too. It's cold as hell and it's raining.

mrs. awesome said...

we had the same weird weather here...tornado watches and major wind and rain. i was acutally missing fl for just a second when i ran errands on a 2 degree sunny afternoon. i'm ready for spring planting :)

glad the party went well and you got reimbursed (good to avoid potential weirdness).

Chicken said...

You know your mom is the only person I know with a birthday in Feb...

Becky L said...

yeah, cold weather sucks. its so bad for your skin.

last year, our winter wasnt too bad. i was spoiled by it... because now that its so cold again, my skin is so bad. and erica's is just awful. her back, arms and legs are covered in red blotchy dry patches. it doesnt seem to bother her, but it bothers me to look at it.