About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Ugly.

We had a nice night last night. The food was great, and I was so excited to get my kids to bed! They've been a bit of a handful this week- all of them. Not sure what's going on w/ the baby, but she's been higher maintenance this week, and M and A are whiny and full of complaints. Ick. J's been waking up at night. Seems like exactly 1/2 hr after I fall into the good sleep. I let her go for 15 min or so, and if she doesn't settle down, I go in and rub her back. That used to work. Doesn't now. I think part of it is that she's pulling herself up in her crib now. Once she gets into the standing position, I don't think she knows how to get back down. So instead of laying back down to sleep, she just stands there. Grr. 3 nights in a row now. I would like some sleep please.
I have a ton of shit to do today, and I can't seem to fit it all in. Hubs wants me to put some stuff together for him, house needs to be picked up, baby needs a nap, and I have to get to the store to buy a bunch of food for my mom's surprise party this Friday. The news is saying that we are suppose to have a terrible ice/snow storm tomorrow, and if that's the case, I don't want to go out in it! But by the time J gets her nap in, it's time to pick M up from school, and hubs parent are coming over at 5...... How do I fit it in?! Irritating. And all this food for my mom's party, I don't know if my step-dad is going to pay me back for. I don't have a lot of extra money, and buying food for 40-50 people, plus a cake is expensive! I feel like a schmuck asking my SD about it, but he asked me to get it.... Awkward.. Maybe I'll just give him the receipt and hope for the best.
I've been feeling UGLY lately. Really ugly. I've never had a flawless complexion before, but at least I felt comfortable enough to run around w/ out putting make up on. Not so much lately. I've had this rash on my forehead for the last few weeks, and it's bright, so I don't want to leave the house w/o 4 pds of make-up on. Last night I didn't have time to run errands and put make-up on, so I just left, but I was so self conscious! I wore a stocking hat pulled down to my eyebrows. After the first stop, I knew it was silly, so I took it off. But on my next 2 stops, I was watching faces intently looking for the "OH MY GOSH! WHAT THE HELL IS ON HER FACE!" look. I think I was checking too intently and they thought me to be physco. B/C they didn't seem to want to make eye contact, or maybe it was the rash. I'm thankful to report that it looks better today, and is starting to go away. I will never again take a mediocre complexion for granted!
I'm going to try and get the baby down for her nap and pick up. JUST maybe I can fit all of this shit in still in the next 4 hrs. We shall see.

OH!! And do you know the song 'just call me Angel in the morning, baabbby. Just touch my cheek before you leave me, baaby' Who sings it? Chicken and I were trying to figure it out last night. Yesterday I was singing " Just call me ugly in the morning baaby" and the song has been stuck on repeat in my brain since then, not the ugly version, but the original.

7 comments:

Chicken said...

There'll be no strings to bind your hands
Not if my love can't bind your heart
And there's no need to take a stand
For it was I who chose to start

There is no need to take me home
I'm old enough to face the dawn
Just call me angel of the morning
Just touch my cheek before you leave me baby

Just call me angel of the morning
Slowly slowly turn away from me
Well maybe the sun's light will be dim
but it won't matter anyhow

If morning echo says we've sinned
Well, it was what I wanted now.
And if we're the victims of the night
I promise you I won't be blinded by light

Just call me angel
Touch my cheek before you leave me baby.
Just call me angel of the morning morning
Just touch my cheek before you leave me baby

Just call me angel of the morning (baby
Just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby)
Just call me angel of the morning
Slowly slowly turn away from me from me
From me

-Merrilee Rush

sdk said...

LMAO I know that your pain isn't for my entertainment...I know it isn't...but...I so feel ya on the baby situation. Logan does the SAME thing, and has been for like 2 months now. Irritating doesn't begin to cover how hard it is to get back to sleep after you've already been in your "deep sleep" phase, only to be woken up by a screaming, slobbering baby.

I love him just the same, but never in a million years did I think the phrase "Oh baby...it's SO your turn to get him..." would be so satisfying to say.

sdk

mistyblue3 said...

chk- thanks!

jen- thank you, and I'm glad you stopped by

sdk- I need to try that w/ my hubs. It is sooo his turn. I'm glad I'm not the only one w/ this issue. Good luck getting your baby to sleep. How old is he?

mrs. awesome said...

ooo...so sorry about the baby's messed up sleep schedule! that is the worst. all you want to do is just close your eyes...they're so heavy. i feel you, cause my sleep is just now getting bcak on track after the birth of mr. man. i personally think the first 18 months are HARD.

i would just give your stepdad the receipt sometime during the party when you can get him alone. if he acts like he doesn't want to pay for it, just make a comment referencing all your work for the party. "i did all the work, so you're buying, right?" smile, smile.

and i'm gonna be singing that song all night now :)

Becky L said...

lol! i just got finished posted my own "ugly" blog entry.

aughra said...

I have ginormous pores on my nose. No one notices them but me, at least that's what husband and close friends say. Don't know if I believe them.

Also, with both pregnancies I've had chin zits like you read about. Enjoying those again this time!

mistyblue3 said...

jodee- Right as hubs and i were leaving the party, he said something to my SD like "oh, did you already pay misty back?" ha. That worked :)

becky- I'll have to come by and see yours!

aughra- Yeah, I wonder.. I haven't noticed any large pores on your face in any of your pics. I thought you only had 1 kid? Is this your 3rd pregnancy?