About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, February 06, 2006

What a fun weekend! It was very busy, but great fun. Friday night was our last poker game. Yea! I'm soooo happy about that. No more poker on Friday nights.... I'm looking fwd to our first free Friday this week. Because it was our last game here, I decided to play. I haven't been playing for the last 3 weeks or more. I won! Woohoo! What a way to go out. I won $375. Nice, real nice. AND, hubs played in the cash game, and he won $700!! Holy crap! I was so excited. That NEVER has happened before. It was defiantly a good way to end our poker nights.
Saturday we took the kids out for breakfast, and did grocery shopping and other errands during the day. I went out w/ some girlfriends later that night. We had the best time! We had dinner first, at a very cute little restaurant in East town. Good food, and inexpensive. I wanted to go have a few beers, but we weren't sure where to go. Someone came up w/ the idea of taking a tour of west side dive bars. So fun! We found some charming dives :) And being that they were dives, the beer was CHEAP! $1.80 at one place. It was a good time, spent w/ good company. I could do that more often! Yesterday, we went to a friend's house to watch the superbowl. My team didn't win :( It was a good weekend for sure.
This week is not nearly as busy as the last have been. I'm going to try to catch up on housework. I need to dust like what! I talked to my mom today. That was awkward. My kids wanted to talk to her, they've missed her. I called her and gave them the phone. She invited the kids over tonight after she gets out of work. Max handed me the phone, and she just confirmed that I was bringing them, that was all. I don't know if I'm suppose to just drop them off for a few hours, or if I'm suppose to stay. And I don't know if she wants Jade as well, or only the older kids. But clarifying that would mean more talking. I'd rather not. One awkward exchange is enough for this morning! We will see what happens later. Have a good day!

3 comments:

Chicken said...

Well I am glad you are speaking again kinda... Hope you have fun!

Becky L said...

i hope the visit went well!

Lindsey said...

LOL. I'll wait to see what you have to say after the next post.