About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Dance Dance Dance



My beautiful little girl did a fantastic job Friday night! I was so impressed! We had a good time. Her dance was quick, but it was a lot of fun to watch the other classes too. They did some really cool stuff. J didn't do well, as expected :( Hubs was able to stay until Ave's dance was done, and then he took the baby home and put her to bed. By the time we got home from the recital, it was nearly 11. I had to get Ave in the tub still, that couldn't be put off. As you can see from the pictures, her hair was more than crispy, and the make-up HAD to go. Her hair turned out great! I bought one of those little curling irons that has the spiral thing on it. Before curling it, I put gel in it, and let it dry. Then as I curled each piece I sprayed the hell out of it :) It lasted until we got home! I had to wash her hair twice to get all the gunk out! It was a late night for us. My kids are generally in bed no later than 8:30! She has informed me that she doesn't want to go to dance next year. She wants to play soccer. So does my son. I signed them up! It's much cheaper than dance, and she isn't all that graceful. Maybe soccer would be more suited to her. We'll see how it goes, and the following year she can choose what she'd rather do. I'm only going to allow them one after school activity each. I don't want to end up taking kids to a different sport/whatever each night of the week. Only one! It'll be up to them to choose what they'd like. Isn't she beautiful???? Aww. My big girl. You know, it hits me at different times that my kids are getting so big. Like last night. I was reading a book in the living room, and the house was dark and sleeping. I heard someone get up. Because they didn't call for me, I went to investigate to see who was getting into what. I found my son in the bathroom, getting a drink, in the middle of the night, all by himself. This may not sound all the amazing to you, he is 6 afterall. But that is the first time ever he has gotten up late at night, and not called for me to help him. Took care of it himself. Hot dog! Nice, very nice. But makes me feel a little weird. He doesn't lean on me as much as he used to. I've been encouraging them to solve their own problems, and help themselves more often, but when they do. Wow. Getting all grown up on their mama :)
I took the afternoon off on Saturday. I was more than ready for a break. I went shopping, for 4 1/2 hours, w/ NO kids! It was just what I needed to reset my nerves. The rest of the weekend has been uneventful. Fine w/ me, I had oodles of laundry to catch up on! I think I'm down to 5 loads now. I can't wait to get it all done. Even if it is only for a minute :)

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

She looks so pretty!!

I wish my parents would have put me in dance classes when I was young.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

I wonder, does she want to keep the curls in her hair during soccer?

:)

She is soooo adorable.

Keith said...

Very pretty indeed!

Chicken said...

Too flippin cute!

Avery's mom said...

you should be a hairstylist! she looks so pretty (aside from the stage makeup) :) I bet it took a couple of dunks in the bath to get that stuff to come off. lol WHat a mess but congratulations to making the recital and the wonderful memory.

mistyblue3 said...

linny- thanks! I always wanted to be in dance too, but my parents couldn't ever afford it :( I'm glad we can give her the oppurtunity!

jas- tehehe. I doubt it :) It wasn't a pleasent experience for her to have her hair curled.

Thanks keith!

avery's mom- ha! Thanks for thinking so, but I have 0 talent for all things hair. I was just lucky that day :) and it took FOREVER to get that crap off her face AND out of her hair!