About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

TANGENT

Please be forewarned, I'm irritated, and feel an overwhelming need to bitch. This post could very well be offensive to some, so if you are sensitive to religious or sexual orientation, you may want to skip this one.

I was reading our local paper this evening. There is an article on the front page about some local soldiers who've died, and these asshole protestors that will be at their funeral. WHY would protestors be going to a funeral, you may wonder? Because these particular brave men, who died fighting for us, were gay. These jerks are going to go to preach brimstone and hell fire to those that loved them, and will miss them. They are going to go in God's name to let the world know that these men are now burning in hell. Excuse me Mr. AssFace, but who in hell do you think you are? WHOM do you think you will be helping by doing such a nasty thing?! I am a Christian, and people like YOU give the rest of us a bad name. This burns my ass. Makes me angry. Yes, I am aware of what the bible states about sins, but are YOU aware of what it speaks of on LOVE? How about JUDGMENT? How about "who will throw the first stone?!" My thought process on sharing Jesus' teaching, is by showing LOVE, and being a servant. Not whatever it is that you think you are doing by being assholes. This just gets me hot. All worked up. I hate seeing nastiness in progress, and feeling like I can do nothing about it. Which I can't. I have friends and loved ones that are gay, and so what? I also have friends that lie, have been in prison for different reasons, cheated, stolen, pre-marital sex, myself included in those lists. WHERE are MY protestors? Hmmm? What? I don't get a camp of jackass' standing on my front porch yelling out to my neighbors that I've lied, cheated, stolen, used drugs, been a drunk, lashed out in anger, or that I was pregnant when I got married?! Well why in the hell not? Perhaps because they too have done those things. I don't get it guys. I'm not perfect, nor is anyone else here. Isn't that why we believe the way we do? Isn't that why Jesus died, so that all the things we've done in this life that are not on his preferred members list, could still get in? I don't understand why they feel the need to do this, and why it has to be at their funerals. Funerals are tough enough as it is. Could you imagine if someone you loved passed away, and there was some guy in the front yard yelling about his credit report? Disgusting. I hope these folks catch a clue. That will conclude my tangent for tonight, I apologize for offending anyone.

11 comments:

Chicken said...

I agree, that is awful. I know quite a few straight men that are not brave enough to go to war. Who cares if they were gay or not. They did what most would not have the balls to do. And don't these people realize that they did this for them? That they would not have the lives they lead if these men did not go and fight for it? Gay or not. Completely ridiculous. You know as well as I do, from our school's past, how awful people like this can be, and do so..."in the name of god", or so they say. I don't believe god wants us to berate or dimoralize any human being and say it is in his name.

mistyblue3 said...

chk- Exactly. And that's how I felt when reading that article, back in the high school gym, during that awful time. Still makes me sad.

Chicken said...

That was an awful thing. I remember people being so nasty. I hated them.

Avery's mom said...

what wicked people in your town. I'm shocked and dont know what to say other then I hope they dont show up at my funeral.

mistyblue3 said...

Avery's mom- Nasty for sure. But they are not even from Michigan. They're from Kansas. WTF? I don't know why either, but I believe that they have been going all over the country doing this, they feel its 'their mission'. Assholes

Becky L said...

you typed: "I am a Christian, and people like YOU give the rest of us a bad name"

i completely know what you mean by that. its a stinking shame when jerks do things "in the name of God" that God wouldnt really want.

you're right-- at the funeral is not the time to yell at the FAMILIES for who the deceased were. its just inconsiderate and rude... and mean!

CaliGirl said...

those type of so called christians make me rethink the whole religious thing and feel its cult-like. for each one of those holyer then thou people that peach the way they do i bet we could find one thing in their closet they have done.

i just dont understand people like that. it really does give all other christians a bad name.

hugs girlie

crazycatlady said...

People are such hypocrits...I know quite a few "Christians", including some family members, who are the most judgemental people I've ever met. Don't they know that we as humans are not to judge each other? I'm not a religious person, but I choose to accept people for who they are...no one is perfect...God knows I've done some bad things in my time...but we are all equal. Sometimes I hate people!

Distant Timbers Echo said...

I agree Misty. God said in the Bible, Do not judge lest you be judged, and yet here they are judging away!

If I were at that funeral, I would grab three or four cousins and all of us would just go to swinging. Seriously.

Sue us? Sue us for what you activist wannabes? Fuck you! Oh, and take this with you...

[jamming his stupid sign up his ass]

Huff! Huff! Sorry. Got a little carried away there.

Lindsey said...

I am ready to go down and beat some protester ass! Who the hell do they think they are? At least these men and women went out and fought for their country which is a hell of a lot more than can be said for the sad group of fuckers that are raising hell.

mrs. awesome said...

it is so disrepectful to those who died defending our precious rights and freedoms. i don't see the protesters signing up to do anything brave or selfless. instead, they are making light of people's grief. btw, not all kansas people are freaks :) i'm from k.c., but i'm not a protester.