About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Well on Sunday at least! I went to see my surgeon today. My results from the scan were normal. He said that I probably had a stone and was in process of passing it at that most uncomfortable time. I very well may have problems in the future w/ my gallbladder, but for now, no surgery for me!!! YAY! I asked him to check out the bone sticking out of my hand too. He said that all of the tendons are covered in lubricated sheaths, and my tendon poked a hole in it, which is causing fluid to leak out of my sheath and make a cyst. He said it might go away on its own, but if it starts to bother me or get bigger, I can have it removed, but no thanks. Only bugs me if I push on it, so in the wise words of Chicken "Don't push on it then, jackass!" See, that's why she my best friend. She has the most comforting medical advise :)

My dear puppy Jack is being an asshole. I don't know what to do with him at the moment. He hates to be outside by his lonesome, and when the kids are outside w/ him, he trys to play with them, and ends up hurting them. He bit my girlfriends daughter the other day, hard enough to brake the skin. He wasn't being aggressive, or mean, only trying to play, but still. Now I don't feel ok w/ letting him around the kids unless I can be on top of him. Then today, he was running through the house and trampled over the baby. I almost KILLED him. She was crying, and very upset. I don't want any of my kids to become afraid of dogs, but they aren't old enough to understand that Jack isn't trying to hurt them, and if they run away failing their arms and yelling, he just think that they want to play more. Grrrr. I don't know what to do. I hope this puppy crap passes quickly!

Speaking of my baby, GEEZ she's crabby today. Hollering about everything! All morning! I practicaly have to duct tape her to the floor to change her diaper. She gotten much more expressive about stuff she does not like. Wouldn't it be nice if kids stayed smiley and compliant all the days of their lives?! I suppose if that happened that they'd end up worthless adults w/ no spine. I guess its better to be a leader, but shooooot, not w/ mommy. M'kay kids?

I don't have any new news on my friend w/ Uterine Cancer yet, and I have yet to hear how my M-I-L's biopsy went today. I'm nervous and anxious to hear something! I hate waiting. That's the worst part.

Any fabulous plans for mother's day? I'm having my mom over for dinner. She drops comments all year long about how so and so have their mother over for MD, and how she ALWAYS had grandma over for MD, and wouldn't it be nice if one of her children had her over????? Bah. Fine. Come on over. Geez. It seems like, at least in my selfish little world, that she doesn't need much of a rest on mother's day. Yes, she should be honored, but hellooo? I have 3 small kids constantly running around messing up my house, and on the ONE day of the year where it's finally MY turn, I have to have someone over?! Damn. I don't want to. But I love my mom, and I will. It just seems crappy that I have to be running around cleaning my house, and waiting on someone all day, when its my holiday to. I know, that's totally selfish, and I'm being a brat about it, not to my mother though! My blog, my complaints, even if they are shallow. I told my mom not to bring anything at all, that I wanted her to relax and enjoy the day, which is true, I just wish I could enjoy it as well. I might get a nap in, or maybe breakfast in bed. mmmmmmmmmmm. Flowers? We'll see what the hubs and the kids have in store for me. They always come up w/ something nice.

I weighed in yesterday too. I've lost another pound and a 1/2. Getting there! Its going much more slowly now, and that's fine w/ me. I was actually brave enough to try on a swimsuit today. It was a great suit, but I'm still just not comfortable enough to buy one. Maybe I'll feel differently in 14 and 1/2 pounds. This program is working so well for me, I'm glad I started it! So close! I'm hoping to have the rest off BEFORE Chicken's wedding, which is in 6 weeks. I don't know if I can do it, but I'm going to stay really focused, and exercise more. I would really like to be at my goal by that day. It'll be nice to be all dressed up in formal clothes and NOT look like a moose :) I'm going to try my hardest to get there!

Enjoy your weekend, especially all my mommy friends!

10 comments:

crazycatlady said...

I hope you enjoy your Mother's Day, despite having to honor your mother. Oh, I'm curious what kind of diet you are doing...I could use losing a few pounds myself.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Happy Mother's Day to the best mom ever!

mistyblue3 said...

Hi cat!! Thank you, and I'm following LA weight loss. Easy to do! Email me if you want details!

jas- ha! best mom ever indeed! lol. Thank you!!

mistyblue3 said...

Hi cat!! Thank you, and I'm following LA weight loss. Easy to do! Email me if you want details!

jas- ha! best mom ever indeed! lol. Thank you!!

mrs. awesome said...

happy early mom's day! glad the scan turned out fine.

you need a mom's day-o-bed....this is where you stay in bed, eat bon-bons, and watch movies. that's my plan, stan. maybe after your mom heads home...:)

mistyblue3 said...

jodee- that sounds like a fantastic idea!!!!!!!!!! Maybe that's how I'll spend my evening :)

CaliGirl said...

happy mothers day to you girlie!

my plans for today...i have to work all day at the video store. but they are cooking dinner for me before i get home...so that makes up for it :)

hugs

BabyMakes4 said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope the kids were sweet to you today and that you didn't have to work too hard!

mrs. awesome said...

hope you had a happy mom's day!

i had to delete the blog to a stalking issue...but i'll still stop by from time-to-time. :) take care, miss misty.

mistyblue3 said...

cali & babymakes 3- I hope you enjoyed your mother's day!

jodee- What stalker!? Are you ok? Email me! mblue3@hotmail.com