About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Just a Brief Vent

I think I've mentioned that I've had other people's kids here everyday this week. I'm trying to find a baby sitter for my baby tonight, so I don't have to bring her to Ave's recital. Ya' think I could find one??? OF COURSE NOT. 3 hours, only 1 baby, no takers. Grrr. I called my mom last week, and she was asking about the time of the dance tonight, like she was clearing her schedule, and then I told her that I hadn't invited any family b/c I didn't think Avery was going to do it, and she says 'oh, ok then.' Then I asked her instead of coming, do you think you could watch J for me, and she says 'um... no, I don't think I can. I might have plans' BAH. Bull crap. So I called my gf, I've had her kids 3 times in the last 2 weeks, and on very short notice. She has nothing going on tonight, but she said' ummm.. I dunno. I'm kind of burnt out, but I'd like to help, but I don't know if it will work." Well hell. You'd think I was asking for a kidney donation. So, I'm done. I am longer willing to watch ANYBODY else's kid/s EVER again. I don't mind helping out my friends when they have something going, but not if they are not willing to return the favor. I never let anyone pay me for babysitting. All I ask is that someday the favor be returned. And it isn't, ever. Screw it, I'm busy through the end of the year.

5 comments:

Chicken said...

I would watch her if I could. I don't get to spend enough time with your children or you.

Anonymous said...

F'ing A.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Oops, that was me saying F'ing A. I absolutely agree with you. Now you know where it really comes down.

CaliGirl said...

stand your ground girlie! you think you are being nice and then people shit on you...F-them all if they have to be like that. and your mom...will...she's a whole other story...lol

hugs girlie :)

mistyblue3 said...

chk- I know. I miss you too :)

jas- f'ing A is right. Jerks.

cali- lol I could write a whole book on my mom and her oddness :) Thanks for the hug!