About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hello!

I hope everyone enjoyed Mother's Day! Mine was not so fabulous :( The whole weekend was awful. Hubs and I didn't get along, and basically everything that could possibly go wrong, did. Crabby kids, crabby baby, whole in the tire, fight w/ hubs, late for everything, clean up all dinner mess from MD by myself, and fight w/ hubs some more. ICK. So I'm glad that's over. I'm looking forward to a better weekend next weekend!

Avery had her recital rehearsal last weekend on the big stage, and she so did it! I was very proud of her! I think she'll do well for the real thing this week! If I can only get her hair to do what it's suppose to for the damn thing. It's suppose to be half up, and curly. I've tried the curling iron, and hot rollers, and I can't get her hair to hold the curl. Falls right out. I tried using a bunch of product w/ it, and still won't hold. Any ideas?

I weighed in again today, and I've lost another 2 1/2 pounds since last Thursday. Moving right along, and I'm getting there! I can't wait. I hope that when I get to my goal, I'll be happy with it. I still see a big girl in the mirror, and I want to change that. Physically its changed a great deal, but I still can't see it. I want to be able to see myself as I really am, good or not so good, and be ok with that. I'm working on it!

I went out w/ some friends last night and had a blast! It was just what I needed to blow of steam from my not fun weekend. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. AND, some guy said I was sexy :) How 'bout that? That's a first in FOREVER, except for my hubs. That goes along way in making me feel pretty :)

I can't wait for American Idol tonight! I was so bummed they sent hottie Chris home, but now I can't figure out who it will be. Katherine has not done well the last 2 weeks, and she was one of my favorites. I really like Taylor, but he doesn't seem like the 'idol' type. Elliott?? I don't know about him either. I love his voice, and he's really been belting it out lately... I suppose that of the 3, Katherine seems the most 'idol-ish' to me, but she needs to do something fantastic tonight to make that happen. Who do you think the final 2 will be?

I'm off to clean my house and do some laundry. Tomorrow will be my crazy day w/ my gf's kids all day..... I want to get all of my stuff done so I can focus on kids tomorrow, and try not to lose my mind. I'm looking forward to watching my show, taking a HOT bath, getting my most comfortable jammies on, and getting into bed early w/ a book. MMMMMMMMMMMMM. Later to all :)

2 comments:

aughra said...

Maybe use hair pins - put half up in a pony tail and then take small portions and pin them back into the hair in small bits, makes it look like perfect little curls all over the updo. It's what I do when I do my SIL's hair.

Good luck!

mistyblue3 said...

thanks for the tip aughra! I'll try it :)