About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I was going to chat about some nonsense, but now I'm bummed. I just got an email from my dear friend. She's been having some problems w/ her period and what not. She had an ultrasound done, and they found 3 tumors, one of which is really big. They think that its cancer. :( She has surgery in a few weeks to remove the tumors and to see if it has spread anywhere else. Dammit. What is going on w/ this whole cancer business?! Seems like cancer is going to cash us all out. There have been many people in my circle or in friend's circles, that have passed away from cancer recently. Has it always been like that? Or is it that I'm getting older, and shit happens when you get older? Maybe it has always been that way, but b/c I was younger, it didn't affect those I knew, or I at least didn't hear about it. She's young, 2 kids, and going through a divorce right now. She doesn't need this. She has to be the sweetest person I know, she's just great, all the time. I've never seen her pissed, never heard her complain. This just sucks. I hope its not cancer. Can you just have tumors, and not cancer filled tumors? My M-I-L had a double masectomy last April, and has been cancer free since- but they just found a lump in her armpit, and have to biopsy it. The Dr. thinks that it is just a puffy nerve ending, but b/c of her history, they have to go in and check it out. What is all this cancer nonsense? Makes me sad.
Other than being sad, the last few days have been great. Kids have been well behaved, and J started saying a few more words. She's brilliant! She sings "A B C D" all on her own! Genius. I am so LOVING this stage. I like them all, but I am really liking this age. I think she took a step today too. Flying by.
We bought a quad today. The kids are really excited about it. I'm a dirt bike girl myself, but the quad is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to tearing up some trails very soon.
My scan on Friday was way less traumatic than I thought it would be. I laid on a table under a machine for an hour and a half. The machine was nearly sitting on my chest, and I had to hold still, but it wasn't bad. I'm glad my girlfriend came w/ me to keep me company, or I would have passed out from lack of anything interesting to stimulate me. Because of the position of the thing, I couldn't read, or lift up my head, my arms had to stay at my side, and who can sleep w/ all that going on? So M kept me company, it was nice to chat uninterrupted by either or our kids.
So, this was boring. Maybe I can come up w/ an interesting story tomorrow. Should be able to. I am watching my friends kids ALL DAY tomorrow. Her kids are 6 weeks, and 3. So I will have 5 kids 6 and under from 7am to 4pm. I'm sure something entertaining will happen w/ that troop running around. I'll end up laughing all day, or bald by the end of it from ripping out my hair. I'll let you know how it goes. Good night to all.

3 comments:

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Misty, I've heard that cancer sometimes is directly related to bad feelings that we keep repressed or inside us for too long, feelings or issues we don't deal with. I've heard that from a number different "experts" in spiritual and psuedo-medical fields, and it sounds as good as any other reason I've heard.

But aside from that, both you and your friend are in my prayers.

Love ya! Jas...

crazycatlady said...

I totally share your feelings on the whole cancer situation. Cancer sucks! I know several people personally who have been affected...one is a 9 year old little girl right now. She just ended treatement, but is having some "bad symptoms" again. Just like you...it seems like we are hearing this more and more these days. I guess it is just something that goes along with getting older...maybe we just didn't notice when we were younger. I'll keep your friend in my thoughts.

mrs. awesome said...

glad to hear the scan went okay.

i wll add your friend to my prayers. it's horrible to think of the two young children being affected.

you are one brave mama with all those kids...sounds like my last saturday. good luck. sending you sanity vibes.....