About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

hello

Ick. I just finished cleaning the bathroom and inhaled too much bleach. I'm feeling a little gross now. So much has happened this week. It's been busy, as ususal. Even though much has gone on this week, most of it isn't blog worthy. A bunch of nonsense I'm sure no one is interested in reading.
Jade woke up w/ a fever this morning. I'm tired of this. I have no idea what's wrong w/ her. No cold symptoms, any obvious issues. Teeth maybe? Who knows. I wish my kids would get healthy and stay that way! I had my moms group yesterday morning, which I was looking forward to. Wouldn't you know it, that as soon as I showed up, I got a call from Max's school, saying he wasn't feeling well. I had to leave before the meeting even began, and when I picked him up from school, the little turd was faking it. Not sick. Today I had a babysitter planned for the girls, so I could go to a going away/surprise baby shower for a few girls at work. Also looking forward to that, but now, can't go. How come when I have plans, I get a sick kid??? Tonight is the concert, but I'm still going to that. My grandma is going to come here and sit w/ the kids, so I feel ok about going. It just sucks. We haven't even had a fall here in MI. It pretty much went from hot-as-hell, to winter, w/ no transition. MI winters are the worst. It gets dark super early, tons of snow, freezing temps, and lasts f o r e v e r. Very depressing time of year. Kids get sick, we stay cooped up, and I can't seem to come up w/ enough ideas to keep them occupied.

Enough bitching :) Hubs and I are doing great. Things are back to where they should be, and seem more solid than ever. I suppose that's why we have rough patches, they bring us closer when we get through them. We're fortunate to not have many rough patches. I wonder if you ever completely figure it out, or if being happily married is constantly a work in progress? I'd bet it is.

I had a weird dream about my high school reunion the other night. I showed up to it in sweat pants, a holy tee-shirt, and heeled boots! Ah! The horror of it. Except in my dream, I wasn't at all alarmed by my apperance, not at least until after I got there and looked around. Noticed that every0ne else was dressed up. It was not a good dream! Of course, that would never happen, but good grief. This whole reunion seems to be making me nervous. That's so silly. I've never been one to be nervous, or to be worried what others think of me. Seems to be changing as I get older. Why does that happen? Just part of being a grown up, or am I turning into a prudish old lady??? Heaven save me. :)

Speaking of Heaven, I used to have this OB, w/ my first two pregnancy's. He was the best doctor ever, or at least I thougt so at the time. He knew all about me, my family, hubs. He would always ask about them, always remembering details. He was a christian, and made it known. He was always praying w/ his patients and their family's, preaching the good news all the time. He also told me that he choose to work at this particular hospital, b/c it was the only hospital in our city that did not proform abortions, and that was something he felt very strongly about. I never asked him his opinion of these issues, he just freely gave it whenever he could slid it in to conversation. I'm not pro-choice, so I was thrilled to hear a doctor talk about it. Anyway, I did this thing called a Life Walk. It's a family friendly, peaceful protest. Basically you just walk through the city w/ your family, and stop to pray at specific sites. Anyway, you raise money for one of the pregnancy resource places. They offer pregnancy testing, ultrasounds for abortion minded women, adoption resources, and cribs, clothing, any sort of baby needs at all to make it easier for moms to keep thier babies. So when I signed up that particular year, I called my doctor to see if he would like to donate. SURE! he said. And he gave me a HUGE donation. After my second baby was born, some things seemed kind of off at his office, so I choose to find a new doctor. I was playing on the internet yesterday, and I came across an article about him. He has SEVERAL abortion clinics open all over the flippn' state. He's been protestor's fav target for years. WTF??? How can you walk around spouting off your 'faith' speaking your strong opinions about abortion, all the while, being a monster yourself? I was sooooooooooooo upset yesterday. You know, if that was his thing, fine. I don't agree, but fine. Don't walk around talking about what an abomination abortion is then! Lies. I can't believe it. This was not just a doctor to me. He was someone I cared about, TRUSTED, and respected, more of a friend or long lost realitive sort of thing. I almost couldn't believe it. I called his office and asked the receptionist if they did abortions at that office, she said no, so I asked her if she could refer me to someone who did. She then went on to say, that the doctor there would do one for me about an hour away from here. I now know the meaning of a wolf in sheep's clothing. I've never been so throughly decieved in my life. There is nothing that can be done about it. I could write a letter, but what's the point. I could protest, but how about no. I just can't believe it's ok to lie to people like that. And lie for no reason. No one is asking him his opinions on it, he just talks about it. I imagine it would hurt his business here in the bible belt if that little tid bit got out. This part of West MI is extremely conservitive. Christians like that make me want to change my religion.

3 comments:

Becky L said...

glad to hear that things with your Hubby are going well. i agree, that rough spots make you stronger. well, i'm hoping its true; my hubby and i are in a really bad place right now, but i keep hoping we'll get thru it for the better.

I CANT BELIEVE that doctor! its so appalling.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Next time you have a list of bad things that happen that you don't think will make a good story, email the list to me, honey!

I'll juice 'em up and send you a (hopefully) blogworthy post! I love doing that.

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]bestmomever.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Research shows that closely 90% of all USA adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.