About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Let it Snow!

We have our first snow here in MI. Just a dusting, but enough to have my kids nearly peeing thier pants w/ excitement! Yep, it's flippn cold- time to kick on the ol' furnance. I think its currently 33F this morning, w/ a high of 40 for the day. burrrrrrr. When I was little, it seemed like we always had a foot of snow for Halloween. We had to buy costumes that we could where over our winter stuff. Since I've had kids though, Halloween has been really mild, but usually raining. Weird how the weather changes. My kids were asking for chirstmas music when we got in the car to go to school today. My goodness- a bit early for that!

Yesterday I tore apart Ave's room. It was a giant mess. I don't know how she does it, but that girl is MESSY. I pulled everything out of her room to start w/ a blank canvas. It's beautiful now! I rearranged all of her furniture, seperated all her clothes (packed away too small and summer stuff), and made sure her toys found thier way back to the toy room. My bet is 2 weeks at the most before its back to disaster city. My mission is to do the same w/ M and J's room today.

I don't have much to post about, so I was going to give you a random list of mistyness. I've continued w/ my maitnance phase of my diet, and that's still going really well. The size 8's i've been wearing are becoming baggy- finally getting into some 6's. SWEET. Some of my must have daily eats- apples w/ reduced fat penut butter, string cheese, and salad. I eat those 3 things daily, pretty much anytime I'm hungry, I snack on those. I've upped my water intake from 2 liters to 3 as well. I still can't believe how much my body has changed, i'm really loving it. Here's a random nonsense kind-of-gross statement: I cannot for any reason at all, pee in the dark. It completely freaks me out. I have this outrageous fear that there's going to be a snake in there, or some other sort of critter, that's going to try to bite me. Since I drink so much water, you can imagine how often I get up at night. I'm trying to get over this silly nonsense, but I can't. I can't even go w/o the light off- I'm too nervous and tense. So there. Now you have it. I know you'll all sleep much better tonight knowing that little juicy tidbit about my bathroom habbits- feels good, doesn't it :)

5 comments:

Chicken said...

I like to pee in the dark, its an adventure!

Becky L said...

i'm starting on my own venture to lose weight. i really want to join LA weight loss, but hubby isnt thrilled with the $$
my bathroom fear: changing the toilet paper roll. Once, when i changed it, there was a spider in the tube of the new roll, and it came out at me.
gross.

mistyblue3 said...

chkn- you know what i just thought of? How come I can pee in the dark- outside, where critters really live, w/ no problem at all????? Something is wrong w/ me.

becky- they money was a pain in the ass- but completely worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I wouldn't ever change a roll of TP again after that!!

Avery's mom said...

you wont turn the light on if you think its gonna wake up the baby.
funny thing is that the baby wakes up if we turn the light out so we're currently sleeping with the lights on in the bedroom. I'm so tired that I dont mind

mistyblue3 said...

avery's mom- i think i'd still turn the stinking thing on! We have a dimmer switch :) I hope you're able to get some sleep, in the dark, soon.