About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lots of Things

Morning!

My girls are sick :( J has had a cold since last weekend, and its just gotten worse. She has an awful hackey cough and a runny nose. Avery woke up w/ a fever yesterday, complaining that her head and throat hurt. The fever carried threw to this morning, and now J has a fever too >( Poor babies. It's that time of year again.

My ghetto neighboor kids came knocking on my door at 730 yesterday morning- they missed the bus and needed a ride. Where in the hell are thier parents? I know that they work 3rd shift, does that mean that they leave them home all night long, alone? The oldest kid is 13, the other 3 are 11 and 12. That doesn't seem old enough to me. I don't like that. So I brought them to school. This morning, here they come knocking again. For crying out loud! I gave them a ride AGAIN today, but told them if it happens again, they'll be walking. It isn't my responsibility to make sure you get to school. Call your damn parents! I suppose they would, IF they had a phone. That just isn't right. When I drove them yesterday, they smelled. Weather it was them- or their clothes, I'm not sure. That proves that they need direction in the morning. I would NOT let my kids go to school dirty, or in dirty clothes. You know how mean other kids can be. I feel bad for my neighboor kids, thier parents need to be around for them. What should I do about it? Should I talk to thier parents?? AND, how do I talk to them about it w/o being a jerk? I just really think they should be home at night, and there when the kids get ready for school, and they should have a phone in case of emergency. Yes, they can use mine, and have many times, but I think it would be good for them to have thier own. I think they only do cell phones over there, isn't it inexpensive to add another line and leave it home? I don't mind helping them out on occasion, but I will not be doing it weekly- not my job. Shit happens sometimes, but twice a week- nope. That's just irresponsible. Maybe they can get a babysitter or relative to stay there at night and make sure everyone gets off to school ok, w/ proper hygene.

My friend Harold is home from China! He flew in last night, and I can't wait to see him! He's lived over there for the last 2 years. He's been home to visit 3 times or so, but he visits are generally short, and very full. He is here for good! Woot woot! I'm very much looking forward to seeing him. On his last visit, he didn't even get to see the kids or hubs. Come to think of it, I don't think he's ever seen the baby- I was able to see him last summer, but it was for no more than an hour or so. He spent the last month traveling all over different parts of china, I can't wait to hear all about it. We've been friends for 12 years, dated at the begining for quite awhile, that ended well and we stayed friends. When we got older, we were roomates for 2 years, up until I got married. He moved to California after I was married, and from there, off to China. We've kept in touch all this time. I'm glad he's home.

Seems like there was something else... Can't remember at the moment. It's time to go get some laundry done and check on the girls anyway. I think its going to be an early nap day. I could use on myself :) Have a good day!

3 comments:

Becky L said...

i cant imagine letting kids to fend for themselves in the morning like that... or any time of the day, actually. a relative/babysitter should really be with them

... hope your kids are feeling better soon. my daughter was sick two weeks ago, w/ bad cough and runny nose.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Sheesh! Here's a thought children: WALK to school!!!

When I grew up, I walked halfway across town to school, fighting off grizzley bears with my #2 pencil!

Oh well.

Avery's mom said...

you wont sound like a jerk confronting the parents...you'll be a good mother who's concerned about the wellfare of the neighbor kids since they are now depending on you. you have every right and responcability to tell them to shape up.
hope the girls feel better soon