About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Morning

Last night I snuck out w/ my girlfriend to go see a movie. It was so nice! We didn't go until after 10, so our kids would be sleeping. Both of our hubs had to work early this morning. We saw Man of the World, w/ Robin Williams. It was funny. I can't remember the last time I saw a movie. Too long ago.

The sun is out today. Seems like a first all week. Max has a soccer game today. The last 2 were cancelled due to rain. Hubs is working today though, which makes going to the game rough for me. It hard to pay attention to what M is doing, all the while trying to keep J in my sights. She's so busy, and can't stand to hold still. Where he plays soccer, its like a huge football field, only they've seperated it into a million mini-soccer fields. There's only about 10ft in between games, which means she can't go far w/o walking into another game. Last time I brought them by myself, she ran into the next field and got her head stuck in the goal net. Play had to stop so I could untangle my little darlings head. Ugh. When hubs goes, one of us can stay on top of J, and the other can play complete attention to what Max is doing. Makes it a heck of a lot easier. I really should bring him, but at the same time, I really don't want to deal w/ wet babies and heads in nets. The field has pretty much been a giant puddle for the last 2-3 weeks. So not fun

Guess what?? Hubs and I got tickets to go see Def Leppard and Journey! woohooo! Y'all jelous now, aren't you?? yep, that's right bitches, I'm going to rock out w/ all the other 80's dirt heads, and I can't wait. Friggn' Journey! woot woot! Who doesn't love Journey? Even if you say you don't, I'm sure you can sing all the words to most of thier top hits, and prlly do so, in the privacy of your car at top volume :) I'm gonna! Def Leppard was a favorite of mine as well. I'm so excited! Chicken is completely jelous. She insists I must buy her an old school Def Leppard concert tee. Maybe I can find one for the baby too. Its going to be a good time. They'll be here in Grand Rapids, at the VanAndle Arena Oct. 24. Sweeeeet.

No plans for the rest of the weekend. I'm going to do laundry all night tonight, and read a book. Laze around in giant sweats, and a holy tee-shirt. MMMMMMMM. Nice. I got the invite for my high school reunion. That's sometime next month- I'm looking forward to that too. It'll be interesting to see who ended up where. I don't keep in touch w/ most of my classmates. I run into one occasionally, but that's all really. I still have my 3 good gf's from school, that I talk to regularly. I'm so thankful for that, I'm glad we have. The class I graduated with was small. I think we only had 100 or so, and most of us were together from elementary on up. High School was so much fun. I had an all out riot every single day. I would do it over again in a heart beat. I wasn't the best student, but I'm pretty sure Chicken and I had the most fun ever. We were constantly in the vice principles office our junior year. For some reason, our first hour teacher thought we were bad news, that we did drugs(right), and perhaps drank underage(right again), and we were late every single morning. At least 3 times a week that year, when we'd get to second hour, the v.p. would call down to the class and have us sent to the office. Chicken generally beat me there, I'd wink at her, and take my seat, wait the for the lecture to begin. Same one every day. "I wasn't born yesterday girls. Don't think that I don't know what your up to. Keep on this path and it will lead you no where. You can be whatever you want in life, just put your mind to it. Your better than that, blah blah blah- generally followed by I'll catch you at some point, believe me i will" See, they never had any proof, so instead of getting detension, or saturday detension, we'd get lectures. It was great fun. We also spent alot of time fueling the rumor mill, just for fun. We start rumors about ourselves just to see how far they went, and how they changed. Never confirming or denying them, letting people believe what they will. Cracked us up. Anyway, it was good times all around. Wow, I got sidetracked w/ a long winded nonsense story. Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Avery's mom said...

you were trouble in HS! you might not have been doing anything other then starting up rumors but you were definatly up to no good :) I love it

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Oh my God! Def Leppard???

That drummer guy just ain't poundin' the drums with his ONE ARM quite the same way anymore!

Glad you guys had a good time at the movie!
:D

mistyblue3 said...

avery's mom- te he he. I loved it too :)

jas- it will be interesting to see how they do. I'm so excited!!!