About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

No Gloves??

Baby J had her 18 month check up yesterday. She's doing great! Her ear infections have completely healed up now. She's in the 30% for her weight (23.8 pds), 40% for hieght, and 48% for her head. She's such a penut. I can't remember the proper term for it, but she was born w/ her inner-labia fused together, so she doesn't have a vaginal opening. It doesn't go all the way up, b/c she can go potty w/o any trouble. Anyway, the doc said that when she started walking, it would come undone. When she was not walking yet, every time I changed her, I'd have to spread it a little bit, to try and help loosen it up. Since she's been walking, I haven't done it. The doctor checked it yesterday, and it's still grown together, it looks like its grown together a bit further, so I have to do the spread thing. Poor baby, nothing like being violated. Ick. Anyway, what was most distrubing about that, is when the doc checked her hootie, he didn't have gloves on! eewwwww. Is that normal? Do other peds wear gloves when they check out kids' business's? Anyone? I can't imagine going to my gyno and having him take a peek in my stuff w/o the gloves on. Gross. For some reason the gloves give me a not-so-intimate feeling. Not that it's great either way, but shoot, the gloves seem to me to be a barrier of sorts, for several different reasons. And Chicken also asked, in case you were thinking the same thing, yes, he washed his hands when he entered the room, and again before he left it. What does your ped. do when they check your kids stuff??

Hubs and I were talking about my upcoming reunion. He can't go with me! booooo! I'm a bit disappointed by that. He'll be deer hunting. I must admit, it bothers me that he won't come home early to go with me. I suppose I kind of understand. He only hunts once a year, but reunions don't happen all that often. I'm not looking forward to being the single one, and giving excuses as to why he isn't with me. Bah. Oh well.

I went out last night, and ran into an old friend. MAN, he looks awful. He has a serious drug problem, and its very evident. How sad. 10 years ago, he was outgoing, attractive (hot actually), hard working, and fun to be around. Now he's introverted, jobless, and an all around loser. He's stick thin, w/ sunken in cheecks, scragly hair, and I don't think he's bathed in at least a month by the looks of him. He has sores on his face. I believe that herione, cocain and meth are his drugs of choice. That's really terrible. Why waste your life? There are so many things to see, and to do, oppurtunitys to make a difference. Why do that to yourself. We are only here such a short time as it is, why hurry it along, distroying your mind and body in the process. Self distruction makes me sick, and very sad. Unfortunately, when someone is that far gone, it doesn't seem that there is anything that you could say, or do to help them. He'd rather be lost in his self-pity, drugs and depression. Bad.

Seems like I had more to say, but I can't remember what it was. Ave was picked up by her papa (grandpa) for the afternoon (yay!), so I believe I'll read a book, and then hurry to clean up the house before hubs gets home, so it looks like I actually did something today. Muhahaha! I'm such a clever girl. Oh, I need a vote. I can't figure out what to make for dinner tonight. Pork chops w/ veggies, or chili???

3 comments:

Avery's mom said...

pork chops I say!
and Benjamin was checked out lastweek for his 2wk checkup and the Pedi. worked over his testicles without gloves. She actually spent ALOT of time with the balls and left me wondering afterwards if that was normal proceedure for a boy checkup.
i totally agree about the barrier concept... i think glove use is more prominent in regards to a Gyno. visit then with a pediatrician.
(you dont wear gloves when you change her....)
maybe if its a problem, you could ask about the DOC wearing gloves for a bit of mental health too. I would be nervous about messing my kid up being checked like that all the time. poor babygirl.
its intresting that they said the trouble would fix itself with her walking.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

I'd laugh at that about your old friend looking like hell, because when I run into old friends, I would have to agree that they look like life had just jacked them up in a back alley!

But in all reality, I prolly look that way to them, so...

:D

Lindsey said...

Oh lord...that's right. Gun season started yesterday. All men in the south are MIA and everywhere there are women home alone.