About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

What a weekend. J got really really sick :( She had a fever of 103.5 for 48 hours straight. Not even medicine would bring it down. And then, her mouth started bleeding! Completely freaked me out. Hubs brought her to the doctor to find out that she had a double ear infection, and something in her mouth similar to thrush, but not thrush- not sure what it is, but whatever it was became irritated and started bleeding. Yikes! That was a new one. My older kids never had an ear infection or that weird mouth thing. She's doing much better now. She still isn't eating much, but other than that, she's happy. My poor girl didn't even crack a smile for 2 days. Very unlike her.

I met up w/ my friend Harold on Friday. It was very uninteresting. I was disappointed. I was so excited and anxious to see him, and he was having a bad day- He wasn't all there. He didn't have much to say. I'm sorry I went out of my way to get together w/ him. Another friend of his came by too. I also knew this guy from back in the day, we used to hang out. I haven't seen him in at least 2 years- I was a bit surprised to say the least. Back in the day, he was funny, attractive, and pretty much an all out riot to hang out with. When he showed up, I didn't even recgonize him. He was 3x bigger than he used to be, and completely depressed. Lucky me got to sit in between non chatty Harold, and mr. sucidal tendencies. Crap! I was trying to engage Mr. S.T in conversation, you know the normal "how've you been? What have you been doing? Anything new? Where are you working now? Do you like it there?" And his responses were" yeah, i'm livin', just another day, i work here, and no i hate it. Makes me want to kill myself. Oh, I quit smoking- that's the only good thing I've done in the last 2 years. I hate this place. I hate people and crowds now too." and so on. Geesh. It was a lame evening. Very anti-climatic. Booooo.

Hubs is mad at me at the moment. Ugh. Seems misguided to me. He's in a funk. I hope that works itself out. I don't like this-

3 comments:

Keith said...

Sounds like a case of Michigan-man funk going around.

Becky L said...

so sad to hear all your news! i was surprised though to hear that your other kids never had ear infections. Erica is only 19 months and has already had one. I hope her mouth thing gets better... I would hate having my hubby take erica to the dr when she's sick, b/c he'd come home without the full details and i'd feel exasperated and out-of-the-loop.

golly, i hate depressing mtgs with other people. life is hard as it is. [having sick kids, for example.] get-togethers should be fun and relaxing, not a time to complain.

i'm having hubby problems too. sucks, doesnt it.

Well, cheers to happy thoughts! try focusing on the good!!!

Becky L said...

ps

looks like you've gotten spam comments. i used to get them all the time. i decided to take immediate action after getting one spam about male enhancement products. gross.

if you put on word verification it should help... if you're interested.