About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Jerk

My mom is a jerk. I'm so pissed at her. Most days, I can't live w/o her, and others, such as today, I want to kick her.

I have my niece today. Her mom is in the hospital b/c she just had a baby. K(my niece) was desperate to go see her mommy, and her new sister. I had mentioned to my mom that I was going to take my 3 kids, and K up to the hospital to see RB (K's mom) and the new baby.My mom went on about how that's so much work w/ all of them, why not drop your kids off here? My step-dad would be more than happy to hang out w/ the kids while K and I went. I didn't take her up on it yesterday, so I called tonight. Talked to s.d. he said he'd check w/ mom and get back to me. 45 min go by, and she finally calls. She says ' what's up?' I asked if she got my message. Which was " I could really use your help tonight. Could you watch my kids for an hour while I take K to see RB, or could you take K to see RB?" She says " yeah, I got it. I told S.D. that I didn't feel like it." ummm. Oh. Uhhh. Don't. Feel. Like. It. This is a little different. Generally when a favor is asked, if you can't for some reason, or you're sick, ok. But- you don't fucking feel like it? Then I continue on about how K really wants to see RB, and how it would be very helpful if she could watch my kids for an hour. And she continues with "Its not MY responsibility. Why would you bring her up there tonight?! That baby is not our family. Doesn't RB have friends, or what about her bf's family, can't they pick up K?" She irritates me to NO end. My bro has had K for the last few days, he had something going on tonight, my hubs is gone, K is very sad and wanting to see her mom. I am not doing RB a favor by bringing K up. I'm taking care of K's needs. I don't enjoy RB that much, but K is my family, and RB is her mom. I don't decide what I will or will not do based on my feelings about RB. My mom continued on some other rant, but basically, b/c RB's new baby is not one of ours, so to speak, there is no reason we should be going up to the hospital. Not even for K. When I asked her that directly, she said "THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID." and went on some more. So I changed my view point. "Ok mom. I'm not asking you to do RB a favor, its for me. It would make my life much easier if you agreed to watch my kids for an hour." and she again said "NO! I DON"T FEEL LIKE IT" ok, bye mom. WHY would she offer this and then take it back? WTF is wrong w/my mom. I stewed on this a bit longer. Now I no longer wanted her help, but I wanted her to know that it pissed me off, and I thought she was being shitty. I really do know better. You never call Mick back when she's in the midst of a rage. I called. All I was able to get out was "mom, I just want you to know that I'm really upset, and I" and she goes "WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU PUTTING THIS CRAP ON ME? I DON'T NEED TO FEEL GUILTY. I DO PLENTY. BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH and then " PARDON ME, I HAVE TO WORK FOR A LIVING" What in the hell is that? Was she taking a jab at me being a SAHM? That really put me over the edge. But I was never able to say so b/c she didn't take a breath as she moved on to some other nonsense. I didn't even know what she was talking about anymore. Some completely unrelated bullshit. I ended the conversation in tears, and hung up on her. She can be such a bitch sometimes. I was not rude to her, or disrespectful, though I wanted to be. I don't ask her for favors often. Hardly ever. The last time I asked her, was on my anniversary, and she didn't do it. She watches my kids once every 2 weeks for 2 1/2 hrs while we bowl. And not b/c I asked her to, she offered, and she bitches about it every time. I need to find a new bowling sitter, b/c Heaven forbid that I take her graciousness for granted. I will never again ask her for help w/ anything, EVER, even if she was the only other person on the planet. I'm done.

8 comments:

CaliGirl said...

im so sorry you are having a hard time with your mom. ::hugs::

but....and i dont ever disrespect ones mom....BUT....WTF CALLED UP HER ASS????

CaliGirl said...

called should be CRAWLED. lol

i was so upset myself over how she treated you i cant even spell right...lol

hugs

mistyblue3 said...

cali- aww. thanks cali. I appreciate it. I'm begining to wonder if maybe she was loaded or something. I can't think of any other reason why she would act like that.

CaliGirl said...

hormones? has she gone through the change yet? my mom was terrible at that time.

Avery's mom said...

man I hate it when mothers get nasty and stupid like that

did you remind her that she had offered? she really needs to watch the things that come out of her mouth especially if she's just going to take it back or become bitter about babysitting.
let things cool down and just look at this as a leason learned...unfortuately you cant count on your mum for much. my mom gets difficult with her memory too
good luck to you sweetie

Chicken said...

I don't know why she does those things sometimes. She is weird like that. I have had them invite us over and then when we get there, they don't answer the door. Or...remember Fowlerville...argh. Just think, I may get to get into arguments like this with her about my child one day...can't wait.

mistyblue3 said...

chk- you will, fo'sure. Just wait till Tony straps your not nearly one year old to his chest w/ a bungee cord and takes him for a spin on the harley. ahhhhh... someone to share my pain with. Can't wait :D

mrs. awesome said...

my mom has had many similar moments. when they came for thanksgiving, right after e's birth and the move, she freaked out on me. she asked me a question, and i didn't hear her, so i said "what did you need?". she freaked and started yelling about why was it all her fault and why am i so aggressive and defensive. hmmmm. i just try to ignore the craziness and pray i don't get that way in later life.