About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Hola

I've been busy. Sorry, haven't had anytime to update. Hmmm. Where to start. Well, last week the shower went well. Everything turned out great! My gf showed up early saturday morning, and really did a lot to help me out. How I love her :) The food turned out good too. We didn't have very many people show up though. I was disappointed about that. I invited my whole side of the family, aunts, cuzn's, great grandmas, and NONE of them showed. I couldn't believe it. What a way to welcome Chicken into the family. Chicken wasn't disappointed though. She's getting so big! It's getting so close to baby time. I can't wait! She and my bro have had a name picked for MONTHS now, but they won't tell anyone. It's been driving me crazy, but guess what? I figured it out!! woot woot! Of course, I can't tell y'all, that'll be up to her. Not only y'all, but I can't tell anyone else either. Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise. But I do enjoy listening to everyone else sepculate. Te he he. It's a great name, by the way, and one I've never heard of anyone else named before! Pretty sweet. So, what else... Hubs worked late all last week, and it seems like I had something going most every night, but I can't recall it at the moment. Friday we were suppose to leave to go camping w/ all of hubs family. I didn't want to go, at all. J is so busy lately, I wasn't looking fwd to chasing her around. Even though all of my inlaws were there (32 of us w/ brothers, sisters, kids, and his folks), they aren't very helpful when it comes to tracking babies. Hubs gets busy w/ his brothers, so its left to me to try and keep an eye on the older 2, and chase the baby all over the damn place. Camping at this age is so hard. They're big enough to walk around on their own, or run in her case, but they don't have a thread of common sense when it comes to fire, or water. Not too mention what they put in their mouths. Ick. I decided to hang out at home friday night, and drive up sometime saturday afternoon instead. Hubs called sat morning to ask about my plans for the day, and asked me to look for something for him. I had just filled my coffee cup, so I set it on the table and turned around to the counter to see if I could spot whatever it was that he needed. J grabbed my scalding hot coffee, and dumped it all over herself! I flew into a panic! I picked her up and ran to the bathtub, set her in it, and turned on the cold water, and pulled her onsie off. I was so scared! Her angushed cries were almost too much. It was so sad. After drowning her w/ cold water, I called the doctors office, and the nurse or whomever said to bring her in. Thankfully, she's ok. It wasn't nearly as bad of a burn as I though it was. I've never had that happen before. I was burned w/ hot oil when I was 10, and it was awful. My burn covered my entire left arm, from shoulder to wrist. My arm swelled to the size of a leg, and blistered and cracked. Jade's didn't brake any skin, nor does she have any blisters. Poor girl. I'm telling you, my hair is going to turn gray and fall out at an early age.
Other than that.... not too much else. I'm going to go play cards w/ a gf tonight, and maybe some bad karoke. Kids have school oreintation, and soccer oreintation this week, I'm working twice, and then off we go camping again for the next weekend. I can't believe school is starting in just one more week. I'm looking fwd to starting up the old routines, but NOT looking fwd to the early morning hours. I'm not so good in the morning. Besided being busy every night this week, I have to go school shopping for both kids. Both need new jeans, underware, socks, and lunch boxes. The backpacks from last year are still in good shape, they can use those again. Max's school supply list is HUGE. I'm going to drop a small fortune at staples. On top of all that, I've been in the process of rearranging the basemet. Cleanng out storage rooms, moving bedroom and toy rooms... getting rid of way to much shit. Where does it all come from?! Have a good day!!

1 comment:

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Yeesh! Why camp at all when they're that age? Seems to me there's so much trouble to be had, but I can't talk much. Most of my young life was the equivelant of camping.

That's the way our drafty farmhouse felt anyway, like a pop tent we got at K-Mart.