About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Uh-Oh

What a week it's been. Jade is going to make my hair turn gray. She is only 16 months old, and you'll never guess what she learned to do. Flip out of her crib! I woke up to a loud thud followed by terrified cries. Poor baby. Crafty baby. She has a hard wood floor in her room, and she fell right on her face. No real damage or blood. She has a bruise/bump on her forehead, but other than that, she's great. I think that was on Tuesday. Then on Wed., she figured out how to climb the dining room chairs and get on top of the table. AHHH! She's determined to brake her neck. Our table is pretty high up, and the floor is tile. I can't turn my back for a second and she's on that damn thing. Now what? Should I get rid of the chairs? Or just continue to set her down and tell her 'no', and pray that the next time I have to take a piss, she doesn't hurt herself? Silly baby. Oh, and she figured out how to empty dresser drawers. Naughty.
I've been trying to clean all week, and catch up on laundry, but it seems as soon as I finish one task, the monsters have destroyed another. I've been really frustrated this week w/ this stay home mom business. I need a maid. Or I'm just incompentent. I have worked the last 2 nights, but even still. Why can't I get on top of things around here? Oh, and Jade threw up this morning. Just what I needed. My poor said baby is sick, my laundry is piled up, house needs attention, and 30 women are showing up at my house tomorrow morning for a baby shower, that I have to cook for. Oh damn. I'm a bit overwhelemed. I was planning on setting up some tables on the deck, so we can eat and have the shower out there, but somehow, b/c the forces in the universe are against me, my pool has turned green. Fuck me. Now what? Ideas anyone? Want some kids? I'll keep the sick crafty baby. But I could donate the other 2. They've been naughty this week to. I know its b/c they want my attention. Being that I've been trying to get a whole bunch of stuff done, I haven't been spending as much time w/ them as I normally would, so they're acting up, trying to get my attention. I've been holding my temper in check, b/c I understand the reasons, but yesterday, I was on the verge of meltdown. Today my sense of humor is back, and I'm not at all upset about all the impossible tasks I have to accomplish yet today. They'll come together somehow. Somebody out there has to like me. Maybe all of that good karma I've been storing up will come in to play today. I certainly hope so folks, cause I need a miracle.

3 comments:

CaliGirl said...

hope all went well with the shower? sounnds like you need a couple days of "mom" time away.

big hugs to you girlie

Becky L said...

my biggest fear is erica figuring out how to get out of her crib. she's such a climber also-- she climbs on the kitchen table, up onto our picture window, etc etc etc.

so your daughter is sick too? erica threw up yesterday; i figured it was just something she ate. but today i'm feeling really nauseous. totally gross.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

One miracle, coming your way.

[Jas concentrates and waves his hand thrice]

Anything?