About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'm still alive!

Hi! I've been busy w/ everything and nothing all at the same time. Kids have been keeping me occupied w/ swimming, soccer camps, and just running around.Everyone is behaving, and healthy, including me. Chicken and my bro are coming over for a cookout tonight! Woohoo! I LOVE it that she's done w/ working! I've been calling her at night for no reason at all. Just b/c she's home! woooohoooooooo. I LOVE it. I'm so excited for her baby to get here. I'm just as excited as if it was my own baby. I can't wait! I'm having a shower for her next weekend here. We've invited 30 or so, so I'm hoping 20ish will show. I'm sure it will be a good time. I don't know what to do about baby games. I kinda don't feel like it. Is that shitty? Would it be rotten to not play games at a baby shower? Hmmmm. I shall ask Chicken.
My sister called me today. That was weird. I haven't heard from her in nearly 2 years. Not b/c we had a falling out of any sort, but we just aren't close, never have been. We didn't grow up together, and lived in different houses, and she's 7 years younger than I am. I made a lot of effort when I was in my teens, but she never seemed interested in bonding with me. I'm ok with that. Blew me away when she called. Supposedly, she's going to stop by this week. We will see.
My 10 year reunion is coming up soon. I've been getting in touch w/ old friends as this reunion is being set up. It's been fun, seeing where everyone ended up. I found another old girlfriend last week. You ever run into old friends and wonder if you should hang out w/ them again? This one seems kind of odd. I can't put my finger on it, but I'm not sure that I want to rekindle the relationship. She's been calling me often. What do you do then? I should give her a chance. Maybe she isn't as off as she appears.
Anyway, kids are starting to piss and moan. Time for dinner. Have a good night!