About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The funeral was nice, well, as nice as those type of things can be. It was held at this buliding/workshop/church for bikers. The service was in the workshop part, all the walls had different cool road signs on them, and there were Harley's in different states of fix-it along the walls. The pastor looked like Santa, only bigger and wearing leather instead of red. Very cool. It wasn't formal, a come as you are kind of deal, and it was very intimate, and cozy. The pastor read the normal verses, and even added a bit of humor. Those who wanted to share a story about my uncle just stood up where they were and did so. This was the first funeral that i've ever been too that didn't have that stuffy-really-creepy vibe. It was a wonderful way to remember him, and how I think he would have liked it. Awesome.
Next tragedy- My dad is in the hospital. He's been sick for a few weeks, he looks awful. His skin is gray and ashey, no energy, dizzy, faint, all of that. He didn't want to go, but my brother and I gave him little choice. He said he wanted to wait till after his brother's service was done, so I pulled up to his house around 8 this morning, and dragged him out of bed. Off to the hospital we went. The doctors haven't found much yet. He has been losing blood, and they don't know from where, so they are doing testing to figure that out. His blood count is low, his blood pressure is off, and pretty much everything else is out of whack. I hope they find something. Not that I want him to have 'something', but 'something' is easier to fix then a 'hmm, not so sure, good luck w/ that...' I hope we know more tomorrow when some of the tests come back. Chicken and I will be heading up to hang out w/ him soon. My dad is funny. He's at the hospital Chicken is going to have her baby in, so earlier he says ' Won't it be great if Chicken has her baby tonight??? I'm already here! We can have a party!' Goof ball, at least his sense of humor is perfectly in tact. YES, damn Chicken still HAS NOT laid her egg. No signs of any egg laying either. When she comes over tonight, I think I'll slip some castor oil in her drink ;) Or maybe not. Perhaps I can convince her to jog??? I'll keep you posted on all our happenings around here. Night all.

6 comments:

Distant Timbers Echo said...

I don't like funerals.

I hate mourning death. So I don't go to them. I send a card to the family instead.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Sorry to hear about your daddy being sick! Prayers from this end!

Avery's mom said...

oh man! I really hope your dad comes around and finds out what's the problem. you've had so much going on and still do, I keep all of you in my thoughts

mistyblue3 said...

thanks guys :) Your the best, I appreciate and look fwd to your comments!!!!!

Becky L said...

gee, i hope the doctors can figure out whats going on. that can be stressful, i'm sure

Lindsey said...

Ohhhhh. I hope your dad gets better soon! I swear it seems like you never get a break from things happening!! :o(