About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Soccer Star!

Ave had her first soccer game last night, first time every she played. I was so impressed!! She's a mini Beckham! Out of the 6 goals scored, she made 4 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was so focused and intent on that ball, she was plowing little girls out of her way. I couldn't help but hoot and cheer for her! She did GREAT! She does however have an issue w/ sportsmanship. Not good. I'm not sure how to go about fixing that. She didn't want to share the ball w/ her teamates, and she cried when the other team scored a goal. She felt like she wasn't doing a good job if she didn't get a goal, or if the other team made one. Suggestions anyone? How do I fix that? Hubs had to miss the game last night, and was completely bummed :( I hope she is as enthustiastic next week as she was last night. I can't wait to watch her again!

Still no baby. Never having a baby. Ever. She has a doctor appt tomorrow. We'll see what they say. Hopefully its something like "holy cow! your already 8 cm, get to the hospital!" Doubtful, but I can dream. Chicken is discouraged, and emotional. She's still having a hard time :( I can't wait till she feels better. I'm excited about the baby as well, but for now, I'm just more concerned w/ my friend.

We are going out w/ some friends tonight w/ all of our kids. Our friends didn't tell us where we are going, or what we are doing, other than we aren't allowed to pay, and it'll be fun for all of us. Hmmm... Sounds interesting. Kind of like our whole family is being taken out on a blind date! I'm looking forward to it. I need to run. Time to clean bathrooms and finish the laundry. Yay!

2 comments:

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Well... I mean, I cry when I'm watching college football and the other team scores a point so...

I recommend beer.

Oh, wait. How old is she again? Okay, here's the deal. Lots of experience will break that right out of her. But talking her directly about exactly that will help her understand the direction she needs to go. She'll just need to go there after you point her thataway.

Avery's mom said...

good job on the goals! and i'm pretty passionate about winning the game especailly when I see that i'm the main person putting all the work into it. maybe a couple more games into the season and things will settle down a bit for her. but WAY TO GO AVE!!!



I think Chicken is faking it all, what do you say?