About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, September 11, 2006

No Baby Yet.

My lovely Chicken is still very much pregnant this morning. Argh! I was really hoping it would be over the weekend, but no such luck. Nothing at all going on w/ her. Not even the slightest little twinge... I've come to the conclusion that she is going to be pregnant FOREVER. I'm just so anxious. I want to meet my nefew. I wonder if he'll look like Chicken, but have my brothers crazy hair, or maybe he'll look like my kids..... Seems like I'll never find out at this rate. I'll keep you posted.
So today is Sep. 11. I can't believe that it has been 5 years. Where were you when the towers fell? I was 6 months pregnant w/ Avery, and on my way to see my O.B. My mom was going with me. I heard about it on the radio, I'm my way to pick up mom. I didn't understand that it was a terriost attack, not at all. But when the second plane hit, I knew something was terribley wrong, but terriost still wasn't a thought I had. My mom and I were pretty shook up by the time we got to my doctors office. At the office, Rita, the nurse was in tears. Her husband flew for one of the airlines that crashed, and many times, flew that same route. He was off that day, thank God, but it was too close to home for her. For all of us. My doctor, rita, me and my mom formed a circle, and all prayed together that morning. I just wanted to be with my husband. I met a friend for lunch at this sports bar type place, I had yet to see the pictures till then. Even though the resturant was packed, it was completely slient, and no one was eating. What a day that was. This morning I'm thinking about all of those who lost their lives, and those who were left without them. I hope they have found some sort of peace.
Anyway, my Uncle's funeral is tonight. Perfect weather for a funeral. It's as dark as night right now, freezing, and rainy. I could use a little sunshine over here.

3 comments:

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Prayers for sunshine during the funeral!

Avery's mom said...

poor chicken! I'm so happy that I have a scheduled surgery date and dont have to wait around.
you know a watched pot never boils....or however the saying goes

hope the sunshine turns up sometime for you. we're getting some storm rolling in this afternoon and i'm loving the heat-relief. maybe the change in weather will bring on a baby for me :)

Keith said...

You have been to more funerals this year than I have been to in my entire life, you poor thing. Hope Chicken's hanging in there and tell her we said best of luck - we're thinking of her.