About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Great Weekend!

Thanksgiving was lovely. Lots of delicious food, and family. J broke my one of my grandma's knick-knack thingy's, and cut her fingers :( Weird how that happens w/ 3 adult males in the room. Hmmmmm. She was ok though.
Friday morning, I woke up around 4am, to brave the traffic and the crowds for the best deals. MAN, did I get some good ass deals! We are trying to save $$ this Christmas, and that really helped! I'm nearly completey done shopping now. I hope to get the rest of it finished this next week. I even wrapped them already! Now If we could get our tree up.....
Saturday night was my high school reunion. It was fun! Well, not at first. At first it was lame. Interesting to see so many classmates. Most of them look exactly the same. Except the guys. Geesh. Facial hair, balding, bellies... hehe. We played some trivia games, like who won what for our senior mock elections, and what was the top selling album and movies of 1996, that sort of thing. Dinner was good. The class that graduated behind us also had their reunion that night. When the place closed down, we all went to a bar w/ the other class, and that's when the fun began. I think we should have just gone to the bar to begin with. Much less formal and stuffy. WAY more fun. I had some friends that I had lost touch with, and kind of forgotten until seeing them again. I must add that it was flippn' fantastic going w/ my new shape. I got lots of compliments, and it felt really really good. My hubs got more compliments about me than I did, which was cool as well. woohoo! I dressed up, did my hair, put make up on. I don't do that nearly often enough. Great fun!
OH, I nearly forgot to tell you of my baby girl's latest escape. Yes, she escaped again, but not out of the house this time, but her crib. I went to get her up from her nap, and she wasn't in her crib. She was sitting on Max's top bunk! Ahhh! Hard to keep her safe when I don't know she's in danger. I think I need to hire an armed securtiy gaurd to watch her while she's suppose to be sleeping. That baby is going to make my hair fall out. And, Ave shut her pinky (jade's pinky) in the door this weekend. I thought it was broken. My goodness! i was pissed! Do you remember the cat incident?? Avery knows better than to slam doors, and this time she got jade's fiinger. Grr! Thankfully, all is well. Her finger is still swollen, but I don't think broken. She's not protective of it, and she's using it.
My gosh. My children are friggn' NUTS.

1 comment:

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Kids in general are nuts. Haha!

I refuse to attend my reunions. I didn't like anyone in my class then, no figurin' on how I'm gonna like 'em now.

Plus it's like... $65 or something for "dues" which buys me a dinner I think. If the President were speaking, I might consider paying that, but as it was...