About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I went and had my hair done this morning. Ah. Much better. I was going to post this morning, but now I'm glad I didn't. I was pissed earlier! My mood lifted greatly, along w/my hair color :) Nothing went right this morning. Oh, but the good news first. Yay! My period has arrived. Woohoo! It has been consistently 5 days early for the last 3 months, up until this one, where it was 3 days late. Yikes. Glad that it's here!!!!

I had to work last night, and after work, I met up w/ some friends for a drink. When I arrived home, every light in the damn house was on. Pet peeve of mine. I hate that! Besides every light being on, including all of the lights in the basement(grrrrr), the house was t r a s h e d! The dinner I had so thoughtfully perpared ahead of time for my family, was still sitting in the crock pot, untouched. Frozen pizza box on the counter. Grr again. Hubs was sleeping on the living room floor, amongst the chaos, and the baby was crying. NOT pleasant to come home to. At. All. Both of the older kids were asleep in MY bed, also a pet peeve. I was ticked! Moved the older kids, turned off all the stupid lights, and took care of the baby, finally getting to bed myself, 45 minutes later. When hubs woke me up this morning, I let him know, in a very clam even voice might I add, that I was unhappy w/ how things were when I came home, and letting the dinner I made go to waste. He got mad at me! Yelled at me about how my dinner smelled, and how he didn't like it. FIRST of all, he didn't even try it, AND, he's had it before and liked it just fine. I of course said none of this. After he YELLED at me about my lacking culinary skills, in a normal voice, he said "have a good day." I did not respond, I was mad! So then he says 'are you going to talk to me' all pissy like, and I just said 'no', so then he stomped out of the house. Not a good way to start the morning. When he left, I got the kids up and ready for school. My son was cranky, and bitching about e v e r y t h i n g. Poking at his sisters, just being a snot. After I dropped him off at school, I ran to Target. J was fussy the whole time, and Ave asked me sooooo many rediculous questions, that I lost track. I don't think she took a breath for an hour, non stop "mom, can I have this? what are we doing later? are you going to do this? do you know what santa said? can I get this? what's that for?" and on and on and on and on and on. Finally, leaving the store, I was pulling one of those big carts, the kind that have the bench/seat thing on the front of it for older kids, and carrying Jade w/ me. The cart got stuck on the way out to the parking lot, in the last door. This very helpful lady gave the cart a push for me, but I didn't know the push was coming, and the cart hit the back of my leg, right above my heel, and peeled all my friggin' skin off! OUCH! I had to bite my lip to keep from swearing or crying. OUCH OUCH OUCH, along w/ a colorful blue streak of curses went through my head. Phew. Get the girls in the car, sit down to drive home, and OH MY GOODNESS!! I have to poop! Like right now. Oh no!! I only live 5 minutes away from the store, and there was NO WAY in HELL I wanted to venture back into that store w/ my crabby baby and never-shut-up daughter. I was really trying to concentrate on driving, quickly. Ave was getting more retarded and insistent w/ her never ending questions. I was starting to sweat. I just wanted to yell 'can you please shut up! I'm on the verge of shitting my pants here! Damn, can't a momma get a minute of peace?!?!" Praise the lord, I made it home w/o an sort of unfortuante or nasty incident. Awful. From that point on, the day got better. Good thing. I'm looking forward to getting a bunch of housework done this afternoon...

Just a side note. When I was out last night, one of my gf's was giving me a hard time, being silly. She asked for my license and registration in her best cop voice, duh, I'm sober, no worries, I'm fine. Then this old creepy guy next to her thought he'd get in on the joke, and asked me if I'd like to do a blow right now. He was referring to a blow test, but doing it in a really creepy, old man gross kind of way. Yuck! I replied 'better watch out old man before I knock out what's left of your teeth." Some people. nasty.

Also side note. My 4 yr old told my 6 yr old to shut his pie hole. Isn't that nice? Such cute children I have.

4 comments:

Avery's mom said...

life always gets better once the shit is out lol
your post are hilarious, from periods to pie holes....

sorry to hear about your banged up leg. that stinks but good job on holding your words. your are truly the mom of the year.

mistyblue3 said...

Avery's mom- thanks for your vote :)

Anonymous said...

wow. i know i shouldn't laugh, but i just can't help it. it's just the way you throw it all out there. sorry about the sucky morning. and i am just like you....i can not stand it when all the the lights are on. drives me insane. i bet your hair looks purty..;)

mistyblue3 said...

babymakes3- laugh away. It wasn't funny during the moment, but it's funny now! My hair is looking fantastic. I wish I knew where I put my damn camera so I could take a picture for you. I put the thing up so avery wouldn't play with it, I ended up putting it up so well, that I forgot where I put it. (sigh)