About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Morning

Yesterday was a good day. No kid issues, for once. Everyone stayed where they were suppose to, and we had no injuries. I need to start one of those saftey chart things, like they have at factories. You know, no accidents or injuries for so many days, and if you make it, you can have a quartly pizza party. Maybe that would intice my children not to do silly things like escape the house, crib, shut fingers in doors, try to be superman.

Jade is talking so much. I absolutely LOVE this stage. Well, beside the escaping and getting into everything. It seems that every time I look at her, I can see her brain working, figuring things out, and how to express them. Its the best! We've been out of juice for a few days, so I stopped to pick some up this morning. I filled up her sippy cup, and she was sooo excited. She drank it all down, and then came running to me, saying "myyyy myyyy myyyyyyyyy". I said "do you mean MORE?" She said "yesth. yay!!!!" and clapped her hands. It was the cutest stinking thing I've ever seen. Aww. Big Girl. When I got her up, and walked into her room, she said "hi dade" w/ a huge smile. Dade would be how she says her own name. Funny that she would greet me w/ what I say to her every morning. Logical. Cute as a friggn' button I tell you. Adorable. Good reminder why I love them so desperately after a horrible week :)

I went out last night. Good Monday fun. Did a bit of kareoke. I sang 'family tradition' by Hank Williams Jr, and The Doors "touch me". woohoo! I'm a horrid singer, but that's what makes kareoke fantastic. I didn't have to drive last night, so I was able to have a few drinks. Or more than a few. Ooops. Good times all around. I have the best time w/ my gf's. I think we'd have a riot in a cardboard box even :D

My step dad is having back surgery today. Right now, actually. I hope everything goes as planned, and they do not find anything unexpected in there. He's been in terrible pain forever now, and put this off much longer than he should have. I'm not exactly sure what he's having done, something to do w/ a herniated disk, and removing a bone or something? They were unsure if there was anything else going on in there. He'll be in the hospital a few days, and then recovery is 6-8 weeks. He's a get up and go kinda guy, so its going to be tough for him to lay back for long. I feel like a douche bag for not being up there while its being done though :( When someone in our family is having surgery, generally a bunch of us show up. I should be there. Kids, naps, whatnots, just couldn't make it happen today. I'm waiting by the phone for my mom to call and let me know how things went, and hubs and I and kids will head up to the hospital to see him tonight.

Today is my first day babysitting my new little nefew!! Chicken is dropping him off in a 1/2 hour or so. I can't wait to play w/ him. He's started cooing and smiling. I'm looking forward to it.

Just another random thought. I want another tattoo. Something to include my hubs, and maybe my faith. Hubs won't let me get a tattoo w/ his name in any form. He says that just asking for trouble. I guess for some reason, when you tattoo your spouse's name anywhere on your being, you brake up, or so he thinks. I wasn't thinking anything big and tacky, maybe just smallish, and on my back somewhere. Maybe I could get something to do w/ my kids too. It has to be cute though, and smaller. B/c he won't let me use his name in any form, I'm kind of liking that bible verse " i am my beloveds, and my beloved is mine" But I don't think I'd want it written out like that. Anyone any kind of artist? Ideas??

3 comments:

Distant Timbers Echo said...

My li'l one would say "yes" like, "...esss" and sounded just like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons. It was so funny!

"Family Tradition" is a Marvelous Karaoke song!

And if you get ever decide to get a tat on the bottom of your foot, I want a picture. Just sayin'...

:)
Always!
Jas...

Chicken said...

Thanks for watching my baby. I miss him so much when I am gone. And I know you take wonderful care of him. I am blessed to have you to watch him, and love him.

Becky L said...

my sister likes tattoos. she was thinking of getting "i am my beloveds and my beloveds is mine"... but in Hebrew, not english. hmmm...