About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Basement Dweller

I forgot to mention that my cousin moved in w/ her baby. She moved in last weekend. She lived her a few years ago, before the new baby for nearly a year. We had some issues, but nothing major. We called her basement dweller, or just dweller. So far so good. I'm trying to re-situate my house. Another person and another baby add a whole bunch of junk! She's only going to be her a month(I hope). That was our agreement anyway. We'll see what plays out.
I got a lot accomplished yesterday. We have two storage rooms in our basement, neither of which have any sort of organization. Random furniture, boxes of old stuff that we never got around to donating, and any other misc. item we don't know what to do with. I tore into one yesterday, and is 3/4 of the way finished. I have to get back in there today and put it back to rights, hopefully with enough room left for the rest of the crap in the other one. I tackled the yard today, and our pool area. That's all set. Now if I could just finish the basement, and get a move on in the rest of the house. Company's coming you know. Time for a good scrubbing! I also need to go to the dermatologist today, and the grocery store, oh, and pick kids up from school. I'll see how far I get today, and I hope I won't have much to do tomorrow. I hate rushing around! Makes me grumpy. I'd rather work like a dog today rather than stress tomorrow. Hubs will be home late tonight :( I was hoping for some help. At least I got the yard work done, and the pool area cleaned up. It's so nice outside today! Sunny and 70. Ahhh. I love days like this. I can't wait for summer to get here! Have a good day all.

3 comments:

mrs. awesome said...

we had a church friend of my parents move into our basement for a few months when i was in high school. it can be hard. hopefully there won't be any issues. i think it takes a really generous spirit to offer that.

mistyblue3 said...

jodee- I hope it goes smoothly too. I don't know how generous my spirit, I think its more guilt than generous :) But thanks!

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)