About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Weigh In

Hello. Today is my baby's 1rst birthday. (sniff sniff). I can't believe its been a year. I don't know what it is about that 1rst birthday, but it makes me cry. A lot. More than the other ones, even though I cry on those too. It seems like the end of babyhood. I know its not, but there's just something about that milestone. She's not walking yet (yay!), and not even attempting to take steps (yay again). She walks along the furniture, and she can stand on her own w/o holding on to anything, so I suppose its a only a matter of time. But I love it! Both my older two were walking by their first birthday. When my older kids turned 1, I just packed up the bottles, that was it. But, I don't want to take the bottle away yet, not with Jade. I wonder if its b/c I want to keep her a baby? I know that it's very possible I'll have another baby in a few years, but for some reason, seems like I'm having a hard time letting go. I'm going to take my time w/ the bottle, so there! I'm excited for her party tonight! Some of my girlfriends can make it now! I'm feeling much better about it. I'm running around like a chicken w/ my head cut off, but I'll get it done.
So, the weigh in. Drum roll please........ 3 more pounds! That brings my grand total to 18 pounds bitches! WOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOO. I went shopping last night for new jeans, being that all the ones I currently own no longer fit. I grabbed a pair of the rack in a size I never thought would fit, and they DID!!! I haven't been in that size since my junior year of high school. I'm nearly 1/2 way there. I can't believe how easy this has really been. Yeah, it gets hard sometimes, but overall, not too bad. I'm so excited! I've been in a bit of a slump this week, not being as disciplined as I should. And the new jeans and the weigh in today, really helped. I'm back on a mission! I should really start exercising... I hate exercise. The only form I enjoy is swimming(too cold yet), and rollerblading. The weather has been nice enough for rollerblading, but it's hard to find a time I can go, w/o all 3 of my kids. I have a jogging stroller I can put the baby in, and the other 2 ride bikes, but I'm constantly having to stop. I just need to pencil in time, like I would for a night out or something. I hope things continue to progress w/ exercise. I keep having these fears that I'm just going to stop losing, or that it will slow down to a crawl, and I'll become discouraged. Keep on... We shall see. Pictures will be up over the weekend!

3 comments:

Avery's mom said...

a Big Happy first to your little baby! Hope the party goes well, are you going to let them dive into cake to celebrate? fun times!!!

mrs. awesome said...

happy birthday to miss jade! and i'm all for keeping that babyhood as long as you can--it goes too quickly!

congrats on the 18 pounds. that's supa-star skinny :)

Lindsey said...

Great..I am so happy for you!!!

I'm down 16lbs so you're beating me. lol