About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I need a pep talk.

I am in need of a pep talk. I just can't seem to accomplish anything. UGH! My house is a big fat messy pit, my calendar is all out of order, and my son's homework is a week late. I need to pull it together! If my girlfriend hadn't called today, I would have completely missed dance pictures this week. Stupid recital anyway. Oh, and there isn't any clean laundry in the house either! WHAT is wrong with me?? I need help.
Hubs was home sick yesterday w/ a stomach bug, Avery had it the night before. Pretty minor, but still. I was coming down w/ it last night, but thankfully, I kicked it before it put me out. I haven't made dinner at all this week yet. Geez. Falling apart over here.
Are any of you digital nerds? I need help in that area too. I have dnld all my pictures from my camera to my computer. I tried to upload them to a picture place online, and they wouldn't except most of them. The message said that they would be too grainy or unclear if developed. I made sure they were all in jpeg format- I don't know how to fix it. My megapixels are set right, so there is no reason that I can come up with why they aren't going through. My baby's entire first year is on my computer. I WANT THOSE pictures. What do I do? How do I find out what's wrong and fix it?
We had to make Jack (my dog) throw up last night. He got into one of the kids Easter baskets. Poor puppy. Chocolate can kill them! It's very bad for them. I called the after hours vet, and they told us to give him 1 TBSP peroxide every 1/2 hr till he threw up. Peroxide? Eww. I couldn't believe that. Gross. By the 2nd TBSP, poor guy yaked. I'm throwing all of the candy OUT! I'm sick of it lying around here, my kids begging for it, and my dog dying for it. Out w/ the candy. All of it!
I have to pick kids up from school in an hour and a half. I've accomplished nothing. I haven't even showered yet. Where's that pep talk? Anyone??

5 comments:

mrs. awesome said...

sickness in the house is way draining! cut yourself some slack. and a sick dog too? ugh.

did you resize any of the pictures to email and such? that will affect printing. you have to upload the original big jpeg file to be printed. or if you're trying to print bigger sizes (say 8 x 10), it has to be taken with a certain minimum of megapixels to retain quality when it's enlarged.
hope you figure this one out! have you tried just taking your memory stick to sam's or wherever and using the little machine to print them? maybe it's the way they were downloaded, or there was an error in downloading to the computer. you could also try burning them on a blank cd and then taking them to be printed.

good luck. this day has to get better, right? :)

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you are talking about I have a 9 month old and she is my first I love her to death but I still am having a tough time getting into a groove. I can't do it all and asking my hubby for help was the best thing I could have done. :)

CaliGirl said...

im not one to give a pep talk. i got nothing done yesterday either. today...so far one load of laundry heading to the dryer right after i type this...then another one into the washer. *sigh*

im terrible at computer stuff so again...no help from me.

hope all is well today (thurs)... hugs to you girlie!

Keith said...

SHoot me an email if you want some help with the digital photography - I'm on digital camera #5 and I'm pretty good with this stuff.

Natalie said...

I have found that on days like that, I just do the one or two things that are bugging me the most and then tell myself the rest (i.e., a messy house) isn't all that important. It's not like anyone's coming by to take pictures! Take care of the humans and the doggie and yourself and you'll catch up on the rest!