About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

That was a weird funeral. The service was really nice, and very touching. The luncheon afterwards is where the weird comes in. They were serving beer, and they had a DJ. People were dancing. I must say, that is the first time I have been to a funeral like that! I was talking to hubs about it, and he said "yeah, it comes off kind of strange, but isn't that how you want to be remembered? When I go, I want my family and friends to celebrate my life, to miss me, sure, but not by being sad." I guess so. It would be nice to be remembered that. Perhaps the family will start a new trend. Have funerals be more like wedding receptions. It was great to see all of my Aunt's and Uncle's, cousin's too. I never see that side of the family, ever. Most of them have never even met my kids. I thing I need to do something to remedy that. Love em or hate em', which I have both, family is family, right? You don't get to pick. I shouldn't say hate them, b/c I don't hate any of them. There are a few that creep me out. Like my Aunt T. She's only a year older than I am, and she's a meth head. Creeps me out every time I see her. Now her teeth are all jacked up. Like Smeegal from Lord of the Rings. They are little jagged things, and black all the way around. ick. I don't get it. It's now physically obvious, you think she get a clue and stop w/ the drugs. I don't for the life of me, understand drug addiction. Her sister is the same. They were no longer allowed to be at my grandpa and step gma's house (she's who died) b/c they were stealing her pain medication. What in the hell is wrong w/ those women?! Their own mother was dying, and suffering, and had terrible pain, but they are so fucked up, the stole from her. Unbelievable! So far gone they have respect for nothing, for no one, only the great buzz. Heaven help them. But, other than the 2 of them, most everyone else is normal. We just kind of fell apart after my grandma died, 7 years ago. There have been no more family get togethers, holidays, anything. That's the other thing, my grandma died 7 years ago, and my grandpa remarried a few years later, my step-gma was my gma's best friend. And now she died. My grandpa has been widowed twice now, in less than a decade. That's hard to take. B (step gma) has been around my entire life. I spent a lot of time with her, and my Aunt T(the meth head), when I was young. T and I were close as kids. B has always been apart of the family. B had T w/ my gma's first husband. I don't know how they managed to pull together a friendship after that, but they did. Needless to say, when grandpa married B, it stirred up a lot of family drama. My Uncle's were pissed! That probably had something to do w/ the family falling apart. anyway, my family history is much too complicated, and gives me a headache. Time to move on.
I weighed in today, and no change. I'm going on a 2 day take off plan that should hopefully get things moving again. I should lose 3-5 pounds in the next few days. Woohooo! Brings me that much closer to my goal. The 2 day plan is not pleasant. I'll basically be starving. I can only eat a very few items, and I have to drink this special juice. But they say that when our weightloss levels out, you need to reboot your metabolism. We'll see how it goes. I weigh in again on Thursday, I'll be sure to let you know.
My beautiful baby is beginning to talk more! She now says 'mommy, dada, baba, baby, uh-oh, bye bye, no, and hi'. I love it. She can even tell Jack(the dog) off now. He was licking her feet, and kind of nipping at them, so I said "NO JACK!" He came back a few minutes later to do it again, and baby j looked down and said "nnnnnnoooooooo!" ha! It was really cute. I love watching them figure new things out! I haven't taken her bottle away yet. I tried, but decided not to. I know, I'm a wuss. I can't help myself. She's my baby. I'll get to it, I just want to wait till she's more comfortable w/ a cup. Almost there.
I had a physical the other day. I'm happy to report that I'm as healthy as an ox. Hopefully soon I won't be the same size as one :) This post is really LONG. And full of rambling. Sorry about that. Have a good day all.

1 comment:

mrs. awesome said...

okay the DJ thing is little weird...but glad you got to see the family.

good to hear you are totally healthy--keep it up.