About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Some Good and Bad

The weeked went by really fast! Friday I went shopping with Chicken to look for a dress for me. I'm the only one standing up for her. She decided to leave it up to me, color and all, but I thought it'd be a good idea to go see what was out there, and get her input. We decided on a green, silk halter style dress. I don't really know how to describe the color. I think it's like emerald green, but a shade lighter, and very bright. Its really pretty. I bought a size that fits now, but its a bit tight around my ribs. The way the dress falls, it won't matter if I lose 15 more pds before the wedding. It should fit better around my ribs, and you can't see the rest of my body underneath that section anyway. If anything, I might have to have it taken in a bit around the boob/rib area, but I think it will work out great. The color will look great w/ the outside setting. I can't wait! On Friday night, I went shopping with my brother, which is Chicken's groom to be. We went all over looking for the perfect ring. We found it! Last night, he asked our family, and her family to meet up at their house, before Chicken got home from work. I'll let her tell you about the rest. I'm sure she'll post about it. Check her blog later today. It was great! I am so excited about this wedding. I hope the time passes quickly b/w now and then!
And now, for the bad.... I'm feeling sorry for myself today. I do that on occasion. My Jade is turning 1 on Friday. Birthdays are a big deal to me. Especially first birthdays. We have a party planned for Friday night, but most of my friends can't make it. Only one of my good girlfriends can come, and even she can only stay for a little bit. I'm glad she's making the effort to come, and I'm thankful for it. I don't expect the world to drop what they're doing, but it hurts my feelings that only one can spare time for me, and my baby. My parents and grandparents are coming. That will have to be enough. It just bums me out. I have some very close friends, and I try my best to make it to their family things, parties, baptisms, etc. But it isn't something that's returned. And my dad stood me up yesterday. He called and gave me some lame excuse. I'm just feeling really unimportant today, that my feelings don't matter. That neither me nor my kids are important to the people that are important to me.

7 comments:

Chicken said...

I get to miss everything. I hope it goes ok for you. I would certainly be there if I could! And you know that you are important to me!

Avery's mom said...

now Mistyblue, you should know that if i were closer, I would certainly come and help celebrate a first birthday. I'm going to have to do that this fall but I'm going to be about 8 months pregnant. i cant imagine how its going to work but I dont want to skimp out on Avery's new little life, ya know.
anyway, i care about you so dont feel so bummed. bet that dress looks incredible. i love the color green...any shade :)

mistyblue3 said...

awww. thanks avery's mom. I can't believe your preggos again! That's fantastic! The dress is lovely. I'll have to snag Chicken's camara to get some pictures of all the stuff I need to put up!

Becky L said...

my daughter turned one in march-- isnt it crazy thinking "its been a year!!!"

CaliGirl said...

i feel like you do sometimes when it comes to family and friends. it sucks big time and feel so unimportant to others at times ...thats when i pull myself away from them. i know i shouldnt and im being ultra sensitive but thats me.

every year my daughter has a birthday i feel a little down. she is now 11 and almost a teenager *sigh*...she's not a little baby/toodler anymore.

big hugs

mistyblue3 said...

becky- it does go quickly. Too fast. I always cry when my kids turn a year older. The first bday usually makes me cry the most. It's exciting to watch them grow and change, but I get sad for the time that has already passed :)

cali- that's how i'm feeling too. Like I want to pull away. I know its silly, but even still, hard to change my thought process on that. I think I'll have a heart attack when my kids get that old! And the teenage years freak me out!

mrs. awesome said...

first birthdays are such a milestone! it's a big deal, like the official end of babyhood or something. take lots of pictures so you can relive every second.

as far as everyone else goes, the people that jades loves the most (her family) will be there. so that's all that matters.