About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My New Love :)

I have a new love in my life. His name is Jack, and he's a 10 week old black lab puppy!!! I've always loved dogs, and have had them all of my life, up until I got married. Hubs is not a dog fan. It's not that he doesn't like dogs, more so that he doesn't like dog poop, or chewed up shoes. When we were first married, we had a tiny little house, with no back yard. He told me that when we got a bigger house, with a fenced in back yard, we could get our dog. We've lived here 5 years now. I went to the pet store to see a friend (they own the store), I had no intention of puppy shopping. I asked to see the puppies, just b/c I like them. When they brought Jack out, my heart stopped. I fell helplessly in love. I HAD to have him. Normally, dogs don't have that effect on me. I don't fall in love with just any cute pup. He reminded me of my Molly. Molly was my dog that I had growing up. She was a beautiful Newfoundland. Huge dog, but very smart, and huge heart to go along with her body. She ended up getting bone cancer. We kept her on medication for 4 months or so, but then she all of a sudden lost a bunch of weight. I knew it was her time, but I had a really difficult time making the decision to put her down. I brought her to the vet myself, and laid with her on the floor while they gave her the injection. I stayed there until her last breath, and then for another 45 minutes, weeping hopelessly. I was broken up over it. I cried for nearly a week. I hadn't met a dog yet that made me feel anywhere close to the connection I had with Molly, until I laid eyes on Jack. That dog was meant to be mine. I had a hard time convincing hubs, but he was out voted. The kids fell for Jack to. I've been really happy! I don't enjoy potty training dogs, but its going ok. I'll be glad when this part is over. All dogs are pretty dumb for the first year. Hubs is warming up to him as well. I caught him laying on the floor with Jack, rubbing his belly.
What else is new? I've lost 13 pds now, and nearly 10 inches!!! All of my clothes are loose now. The biggest change I've noticed is my boobs! They've really shrunk! Which isn't a problem, I had some biggins! Now I'm back to my very nice high school bra size. If they shrink anymore, I might get a little worried. Now how 'bout that ass? That could really use some shrinking!
The baby has another new word! She now says 'bye bye'. Aww. Big girl. And she had her first ever grilled cheese sandwich! She loved it. She's been getting brave as well. Now when she pulls herself up, she lets go and just stands there, all by herself. Thank goodness she's not trying to walk yet! I'd like her to wait a bit longer.
Our taxes finally went through. I called social security again, and verified everyone's information. When I found everything was correct there, I called the IRS and verified all there. They too said that all of our info was correct. Then called back our tax lady, and she said she would try again. They went through! Turns out that it was the tax lady's fault all along. She forgot one of the letters in our baby's last name. DUH! That was it? All this time, and all of the phone calls I made to her and everyone else verifying all this information! One letter in our last name, and she's been doing our taxes for 7 years. UGH. Pissed me off. Why wouldn't she check the simple stuff right away? I don't care anymore, I'm just glad that our large lump sum of money will be here this week! Finally!
I'm off to the hospital now. My s-I-l just had a baby. I want to meet my spanking new niece. She was 8pds 12oz and 21 1/2 inches. Her labor started at 10:30 pm, and the baby was born at 2. Nice and short labor and delivery. All her babies were born like that. Pain med free to. She's a brave soul. Have a good day all!

5 comments:

mrs. awesome said...

if you find any magical ass shrinkage available, let me know okay? :)

Chicken said...

I love that dog!

CaliGirl said...

cant wait to see a picture of the new puppy....and congrats on your weightloss.

big hugs to you

mistyblue3 said...

jodee- we'd be very wealthy women if we could come up w/ a magic ass shrinking potion!

chk- he's the best :)

cali- Thank you! I would love to put up some recent pics, but my camara is broken... Not sure what's wrong with it. Each time I put in new batteries, they die instantly. I'll have to borrow chicken's camara!

Anonymous said...

Need pictures of the new love