About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cleaning!

I made a deal w/ myself that I would clean one room of my house everyday. Not normal cleaning, but the stuff I never do. Organize closets, wash windows, walls, and baseboards, oh, and dust e v e r y t h I n g. I suppose that's spring cleaning, but I didn't get to it till now. I'm amazed at all the stuff I'm finding. How in the world do we end up collecting so much junk? I'm not an organized person, at all. My house is generally free of clutter, b/c I can't stand that, but all of my closets are total chaos. I started today w/ my bedroom, thinking that would be the easiest to do. I pulled out 2 bags of clothes to donate, and a whole bag of shit. Stuff I've been saving for who knows why. I moved all of my furniture to clean behind it, and oh, my. How does it get so dusty under a bed or behind a dresser? Gross. I'm going to do M and J's room tomorrow, and I know that's going to be worse than mine. I'm saving the kitchen cupboards for last. There is something like 28 cupboards in my kitchen, and they are all full. Old tupperware that I never use, and all sorts of kitchen utensils that I never touch. I'm getting rid of it all! No more cupboard or closet chaos. My new mission.
Weightloss is still going. I was hoping to reach my goal by the wedding, but I'm still 5 pds shy. Shoot. I still have 4 weeks to get rid of that last 5, and I hope I make it!!!! I'll get 1/2 my money back if I succeed by that time. I'm pleased w/ myself. It hasn't been easy though. It didn't get hard until these last 10 pds or so. Up until then, the weight was just flying off. Now its trickling. Somewhat frustrating, but I know I can get there, and I will. I'm going to be sweating my ass off and starving if need be, but I WILL GET THERE.
Did you know puppies lost their teeth? I did not know that. I found one on my kitchen floor today and nearly puked. Nasty. I stepped on something, and when I picked it up, gag. Small bloody puppy tooth. Eww. I hope I don't find anymore of those. Why can't he lose them all outside somewhere? Ick.
I must be going. I want to get my kids to bed early tonight, so I can have some down time. I just started reading a new book and I want to dive into it. I've never read this author before, but so far so good. The story was confusing in the beginning, but now 8 chapters in (short chapters) its starting to make more sense, and get interesting. Besides that, my toes need to be polished. I bought a fab whore red for my toes :) I wouldn't wear it on my fingers, but perfect for the toes. Nitey nite all.

No comments: