About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Good and some Bad

Good news! Mom in law is in the clear. The thing in her chest is scar tissue from the radiation. NOT CANCER! wooooooooooooohoooooooo! I'm thrilled w/ that news! My Uncle's brain surgery went well. They found 2 tumors when they got in there. One was just a fluid filled cyst, and the other was a cancerous tumor, 4 inches in diameter. HUGE. They were able to remove 90% of it, and feel strongly that w/ radiation and chemo, he can survive it, so that too is good news. Baby E is feeling much better too. He has pneumonia now. Poor sad baby. The doctor gave him steroid shots, and antibiotics, and he is almost back to himself.
I have a stupid cat. I actually have 2 cats. Mike and Boo. They were meant to be inside cats, but Boo started sneaking out last year. He likes to prowl. I don't know why. He's fixed, and clawless, but whatever. Mike on the other hand, has always been terrified of the outdoors. Boo must be rubbing off on him though, because he's been wanting to explore a bit. I don't mind. He doesn't go far, and as soon as I say his name, he starts crying and comes running in. Yesterday he was out in the front yard, and caught a mouse. Avery let him, and his little friend IN MY HOUSE. I was vacuuming, and not paying attention. Avery starts tugging on my arm, "mama, there is a MOUSE in here!" I ignored her, thought for sure she was lying. She continued on, so I finally turned off the vacuum to talk to her. Sure enough.. There it was, right behind me. Beady eyed little creepy bastard. And WHERE was my stupid cat???? Snoozing. All tuckered out. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed my weapons of choice. A spatula and a strainer, of course. I went back into the living room, ready to capture it. I was crawling all over the floor w/ my weapons, mumbling to myself. Avery meanwhile is having a fit of giggles. I had him in my sights. I was c r e e p i n g along, trying to catch him by surprise. And wouldn't you know it, he ran right into my face!! My bravery and dignity fled, and I screamed like a little girl, jumping and all. These caused my 4 yr old to practically pee her pants. Unreal. Ungrateful little brats, no respect :) I gave up on my mission, and drug my sleeping cats in to the living room in hope that they would prevail. I forgot all about the mouse. Last night I was sorting laundry in my bedroom, and my retarded cats were running in between my legs. I assumed it was because I was throwing things around. I stepped over them, and sure enough, my furry friend was back. You'll be proud of me. I didn't flake out. I didn't even scream. I picked him up by his tail, and threw him out the front door. And then I scrubbed my hands for 20 minutes. I wonder where this icky mouse thing came from??? I never used to be bothered by them. I even had a pet rat in high school. Is it because I'm turning into an old hag?? Hmmmm... I'm so not cool anymore. Too old :) Loud music and mice bother me. Not to mention piles of laundry. When did I start to care about that nonsense? And have you gotten hurt lately? Do you remember being 8, and wiping out on your bike, bleeding all over. I'd cry for 3 minutes, and I'd be back out on my bike. If that happened to me now, I'd be in bed for a week! LOL. Have a good weekend all!

4 comments:

Becky L said...

pet rats are different than wild mice. you know where the rat came from-- the pet store, so you can be sure it doesnt have any diseases.

we had mice running around in our house over thanksgiving. gross... One night, a little mouse was running around our living room and kitchen. Hubby jumped up onto the couch, leaving our poor little baby on the ground, defenseless against the creature. I was the one who had to chase the mouse-- and my "weapon" was a box of diapers.

Lindsey said...

Lord...you're going through a lot now too. I'm sorry. Hopefully for all our sakes, this will blow over soon.

Avery's mom said...

an uninvited mouse in the house is so much different then a welcomed pet RAt. I had two rats (orange chicken and Mr. Duck) as pets back in the day. maybe its a sign of being a mommy....you have to take things so much more seriously and freak out over the little things.
Hope your life settels down a bit. we've missed you on blogger.

mistyblue3 said...

becky- LOL that's funny! I would give my hubs so much grief for that!

linny- I'm fine, really. I haven't been dwelling on it, and I'm optomistic that all will be well.

avery's mom- I love your rats names! Mine was Onyx. I killed her on accident, but that's a story for another day. I've missed y'all too :)