About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Terrible.

My mom's dad passed away last night. That's not the terrible part. What's terrible, is that no one called to tell her! She came in this morning at 8:45am, only to find an empty bed. She said that she collapsed on the floor, and broke down. AND, my poor mama was alone. TERRIBLE. He died at 12:05 last night. The nurse called one of my Uncles, and there was a miscommunication. He thought she was going to call the others, and the nurse thought he was, so neither of them called anyone. My mom is beside herself. I'm hoping to see her later today. I imagine its a good thing that he went so fast, much faster than they thought he would. So, here I go again. To my 5th funeral this year. Unreal. I hope this is the LAST one!

Good news too! My friend C went to the doc yesterday for her test results, and guess what??!! NO CANCER! The doctor said he was dumbfounded. He said that in all his 20 some years experience, he has never seen anything like this. He said her uterus was so messed up and full of tumors, that he was 100% convinced that he was going to have to break her heart, and give her the worst possible news. She still has to have her colon checked out, but so far, she is cancer free!!!!!!! She's bouncing off the walls, and feels like a new person. She said she feels like she can move on w/ her life now. I'm so thrilled for her! About time we had some more good news!

Happy Thursday all!

5 comments:

Distant Timbers Echo said...

I'm sorry for the bad news... but I'm happy for the good news!!

:D

Becky L said...

your poor mother... thats so sad... i hope she'll be able to cope w/ all of this

Keith said...

Sorry to hear about yet another loss. You've certainly had an eventful year.

Lindsey said...

Great news for your friend. Absolutely terrible about your grandfather. I'm so sorry. You're poor mom!

Avery's mom said...

oh thats just terrible. I feel for your poor mother having to discover the news that way. but like you said , it was at least a fast passing and he didnt have to suffer (or you guys for that matter) for much too longer.
take care and I hope the loss heals softly and quickly for you and your mother.