About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Morbid

My mom's dad is dying. Yes, that would make him my grandpa, but I don't really know him, and I've never been close to him. To tell you the truth, I don't even like the guy, but I love my mom, so I'm there for her. She called last night at 11, crying, b/c he had taken a turn for the worst. She wanted me to pick her up, and bring her to him. I did, and it was weird. Death freaks me out. Not mine really, just other people. I'm not worried about me dying, but I certainly don't like to be around others who are. I'm sure it would be different if it were someone I loved, but it was rough going last night. He can't talk anymore, and he hasn't eaten or had anything to drink for 3 days. He will still open his eyes when you talk to him though, and he can shake his head yes or no, so he's still here, kind of. My mom was very upset last night, well right. She was trying to get him to talk to her, and she finally said " Are you ready to go home now dad? Are you ready to go home to Heaven?" and so on. I was thinking that whole time, what if he really isn't going to die, and he's just sick? What if he's too weak to talk to you, but he hears you just fine, and instead of encouraging him to feel better, your urging him to die? If that's the case, she's going to have a good ass reaming coming. They don't really know what's going on with him. They called it 'adult failure to thrive'. He doesn't eat hardly at all, even when he could. I'd be surprised if he weighs 70 pds. I didn't know a man could be that small, and still live. His upper thighs are the size of my forearms. Its bad. It sounded to me like another form of suicide. And if the doc's don't do anything about it, isn't that kind of like assisted suicide? He has said that when his time comes, he doesn't want a feeding tube, or to live on machines, so they just let him go. Starve himself to death. Gross, and completely freaky. I hope my mom gets through this ok. I'm sure she will, but there is so much going on w/ Chicken's wedding only a little over a week away. The hospice nurse told us last night that if he doesn't eat anything real quick like, he should pass within 5-7 days. Creepy. He already looks dead, and my mom was talking about him as if he were. I don't deal with those sort of things very well, but I want to be there for my mom. ick.
Better stuff! The make up guy came over to do Chicken and I up today. That was kind of fun. Chicken very rarely wears makeup(she's so beautiful she doesn't need it, bitch) so it was cool to see her all barbie style :) I'm having her bachlorette party this Saturday. Woohooo. We aren't doing much, but I'm sure we'll have a good time. We're going to go have dinner overlooking lake Michigan, take a stroll down the boardwalk/beach, and stop for ice cream. Nice evening out w/ the girls. OH, and I'm sure she'll bitch about this on her blog, but our grandpa was suppose to be my bro's best man, my gpa told my bro YESTERDAY, that he hurt his hip (LAME EXCUSE), so he doesn't want to be in the wedding now. He's fine. He could stand for 20 minutes, or chicken even said she didn't care if he needed a chair to sit in up there. What a rotten thing to do. The wedding is in 10 days! My bro is going to talk to him again today to see what the real reason is. Can't be just his leg. He's shy most of the time. I wonder if he never really wanted to do it, but didn't want to say no, and now he feels like he has a good enough excuse. Hmm. Prly not old man.
Lots of other interesting stuff has been going on lately, but as usual, I'm short on time. I drove around in a car last weekend w/ the alarm going off the whole time. That was fun. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off, and I couldn't get ahold of the people I borrowed it from. I finally pulled the horn fuse so at least it wouldn't beep. All the lights kept flashing though. LOL. Just another adventure in the land of Blue. hahaha. I hope all of you are well in blog land!

No comments: