About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday Monday.. da daa da dada dah

What song is that? I can only remember that part. Anyway. Good morning! I had a nice weekend. On Friday, I went out w/ some friends for a birthday. We had really good food, and a good visit. That's always nice. Saturday, hubs and I played in a 108 person no limit hold em tourney. I finished 5th! Woohooo! I can't believe that I made it that far. I was short stacked so often. We started w/ 1000.00. When everyone else had an average of 4000 chips, I had 200. Yep, that's it. I thought for sure I was done, or would be in a few minutes. I kept pushing my chips all in, thinking that it was over for me. I kept winning! I ended up making my small stack grow to nearly 20,000 in about a half hour. It was awesome. I was the comeback queen. A chip and a chair was my anthem. My girlfriend watched the kids for us. Originally, I told her that at least one of us should be done by 9pm, but we were both still in. She said that everything was fine, and not to worry, no need to rush. We kept calling to update her. When hubs called her back at 11, he was done, but I was not. She said that all of the kids were sound asleep, and why bother waking them up in the middle of the night, just come and get them in the morning. What? For real? You'll keep them ALL night??? S W E E T! If I would have known such a thing ahead of time, I would have much rather been doing something else. But cool anyway. I ended up playing till 3am. I can't remember the last time I was that flippn tired! Yesterday, I took a nap, and went to visit some friends I haven't seen in awhile. A very nice weekend overall.
I woke up crabby today. I wish I wasn't. Today is the first day of summer vacation, so I should be geeked. I'm hoping the coffee will help me out. I'm getting my new computer today! Should be up and running by late afternoon. I hope everything works when it all gets put together. I can't think of anything else, so happy Monday all!

4 comments:

CaliGirl said...

the song is "monday monday" by the mama's and the papa's. love their music.

wtg getting that far in the tourney. at least you beat hubby...lol

good luck with the new computer today. lots of stuff to re-download im sure.

hugs to you...and perk up!

Avery's mom said...

Sounds like Summer vacation started out with some great luck at the game and with the sitter. YAY on having the night all to yourself.

mistyblue3 said...

cali-thank you for the song info. My computer is working! I'm using it now!! woohoo

avery's mom- it was great!

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Hope your crabbiness goes away! But I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend. That's really what it's all about, I suppose.