About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hung Over...

I have a hang over today. Not feeling so hot. Last night was my card night, and I had been really busy all day. I forgot to eat. Had a few drinks, and I was loopy. I just can't hang anymore. I'm too old. lol. I really did have a good time though. I didn't win, but I did do some fantastic karoke (rolls eyes here). Ah, what ya gonna do, can't be perfect all the time :)
My grandpa's funeral was yesterday. My mom and uncle did a good job of putting things together. I met some really interesting relatives. Yikes. My mom always kept my brother and I away from those people. Most all of them are trouble and have prison records. I met 3 cousins, all women, who were my mothers age, or older. They were Hispanic, and had corn rolls in their hair, and each of them wore at least a dozen gold chains. They looked like gangsters! They were telling my mom and I about another one of their sisters, how she was stabbed to death at a friends house, and how their mother( that would be my great aunt) was also stabbed to death, but in her own home. Oh my goodness! I didn't know any of that, and I hadn't met them ever before. I was joking w/ my mom later and asked why she never told me I was part Hispanic gangster. lol. Most of my other Aunts I knew about, but have never met. I've heard stories about them. They've all been to prison for all sorts of reasons. Fraud, assault, Robbery. And these are just the women. The men have worse records. I'm so thankful that my mom kept us away from all of that. She grew up in it, and with them, and it wasn't a good experience for her. Its like that entire branch of my family is all bad, all bad people. And my grandpa was like that. He changed in the last year, but up until then he wasn't a good man. I never really knew him when I was little. He was in prison for the first part of my life, and later when he would pop in, my mother made it very clear to me never to be in a room alone w/ him. He was never unkind to me, but I wasn't heartbroken when he died. That sounds so bitchy. I didn't know him, but I felt sad for my mama. Anyway, enough of that.
My brother's X girlfriend is in town. They dated years ago, and I always loved her. She left to join the Navy, and we hadn't seen her in years. She found my email address a few years ago, and we've kept in touch since then w/ that. She came over yesterday!!!!! It was great to see her! It has been 13 years since I saw her last. I liked her b/c she stood up for me all the time to my brother. When I had my first boyfriend, my bro didn't like him at all, and was trying to make trouble for me. Dick. lol. Jen had my back, and I've never forgotten her for it. We had a good visit! I'm going to try to see her again next week before she heads back home to TX.
We went out for Chicken's bachlorette party Saturday night. We had a great time. We went to Grand Haven, which is on the west coast of MI, right along Lake Michigan. We people watched, had dinner, walked down the boardwalk, checked out all the big ass boats, shopped a little, ate home made ice-cream at this fantastic old fashion shop, mmmmmmm it was sooooo good. Home made waffle cones too, dipped in chocolate w/ nuts, or chocolate w/ sprinkles. We finished the night watching the musical fountain which is much too cheezy to explain to y'all on here. It was fun. Nothing crazy, but a great time. The weekend turned out really well.
This Saturday is the day. Big wedding fun!!!! Thursday is our rehearsal dinner, I think I'll be helping chicken w/ wedding things on Friday, and then S A T U R D A Y. I've been thinking about my toast/speech thing, and I'm at a loss. Everything sounds mushy or cheesy or just plain retarded. I think I'm going to wing it. Something will come to me, right? I'll post pictures of the rehearsal and the wedding as soon as I get them home. My computer is having an issue w/ my camera, but I think I just plugged it in the wrong spot. Maybe. I wish I was more computer literate. Speaking of that, could someone please explain to me how to do links in my blog post? I thought I knew, but when I try it never works, and then I get pissed and want to throw this damn thing out the window or beat it to pieces w/ a very large hammer. Thanks, and pardon my tangent :)

3 comments:

Avery's mom said...

about the toast....
as long as you have a couple of thoughts already put in your head, winging it should be a breeze.
Our best man made our wedding toast sound like credits at the end of a movie by thanking everyone in the family for being there. the only thing that idiot said about the bride was that I was beautiful that day. there was no 'toast' to a happy future or anything...I was pretty disappointed coming from a guy who runs his mouth as a sales guy and he couldnt even put together a propper wedding toast.
oh, and dont be drunk when you give it :)

mistyblue3 said...

avery's mom- I hope you're right! And don't worry about the drunk issue :) I'm generally not much of a drinker, and I'll remember to eat on saturday :D

Keith said...

I can't believe it's time for the wedding already.
Links are relatively easy. Let's say you wanted to link to Google. This would go before the word you wanted to link and this would go after the word to end the link.