About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Yesterday was a rotten day. My kids were naughty, my cats stupid, and my dog was an asshole. Everyone was trying to get under my skin! By last night I was ready to run away. I think Max is having a hard time adjusting to school being out. He usually my good kid. Not so much this week. He's really emotional, and mean to his sister. I can't stand it when they are mean to each other. Bound to happen, I know, but geez. He's been bossy, LOUD, demanding, and outright rude to Avery for no good reason. And he's having tantrums like he's 2 instead of 6. I have no patients for that! He's big enough to use his words, drives me nuts. I hope it doesn't take long for him to get used to being home all day.
I got in a fight w/ an OLD man the other day!!!!!!! I hope most of you read me enough to know that I'm not a mean spirited person. I don't fight w/ strangers, nor do I normally take offense at someone saying nonsense about me. BUT, this guy PISSED ME OFF! I was driving down the road, following this guy. Of course he was driving too slow, but whatever. We were only on a one lane street. The road eventually splits into two lanes, so when it did, I moved over to the right lane to go around him. He was driving on the wrong side of the car, he must deliver papers or mail or something. Anyway, he wasn't paying attention, so he took up both lanes. When I started to move forward, he must have just caught it out of the corner of his eye, because I saw him jerk his car over, and beep and me. I wasn't being the asshole, but ok. I would have been fine w/ a dirty look and honk, even though I didn't do anything wrong, but he didn't let it go. When we got up to the light, he rolled his window down and started yelling at me! "DUMB SHIT! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE? WHY DIDN'T YOU GET OFF MY ASS BACK THERE! STUPID BITCHES DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!!" I couldn't believe his nerve! Talk to ME that way. I tried to be diplomatic about it, and nice. I said "EXCUSE ME!!!!!!! WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME! YOU sir, were not paying attention to where you were going and took up both lanes! I just moved to the side to take my own lane. It isn't me who doesn't know how to drive." Meanwhile, he's STILL bitching, calling me names. I told him to watch his mouth please, I have kids in the car. I relize now that I just should have rolled up my window and ignored the ranting bastard, but he was so rotten! I couldn't. So I gave in to my frustration and flipped him off while he was still bitching. For some reason, he could say whatever he wanted to me, but he was MOST offended when I did that. He did some head-bob thing and stuck his head farther out the window, his outrage clear on his face. Then he says"IS THAT RIGHT???" and I responded "Absolutely right! Is there something you'd like to do about it, you old fucker!" Of course I had to mouth the word 'fucker' b/c my kids were in the car. MY GOODNESS! I can't believe how mad I was. I can't remember the last time I was that pissed. I suppose it's a good thing they were in the car, b/c otherwise I might have gotten out of my car to hit him in the face w/ my shoe. Max was a little confused by what had happened. He wanted to know why that stranger was yelling at me. The best I could come up with on the spot was "He's a crabby old man w/ no manners!" That seemed to work. I wonder how many of that man's filthy words my kids heard. So far, they haven't repeated any. For now. I'm sure it will come out at a most inconvient time. Like at church. It'd be perfect for one of my kids to start yelling about dumbshits then. Or stupid bitches. For cryn' out loud! I called hubs after that confrontation, for his comfort, loyality, and support. And do you know what I got??? He laughed his ass off. Thought it was hilarious! He said that crabby old men crack him up. Thanks, babe. I'm glad old men calling your wife bitch tickles you so. lol. I see the humor in it now, but not then I was too pissed!
Nothing else too exciting around here. I've been laying out by the pool all afternoon w/ a smutty novel. Rough life, I know. Today has been much better. I have to go to work tonight, and then I'm off to go roller blading. I need some exercise. I have to weigh in tomarrow morning and i'm nervous about it. I'll let you know how it goes. Have a good afternoon!

Oh, and spell check isn't working, so just sound them out!! lol!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

You really were having a bad day! I'm so sorry...hopefully it's getting better though. Otherwise you'll have to leave the kids w/ your husband and take a vacation.

BabyMakes4 said...

i'm glad you can see the humor in it now, because i really have to laugh! i'm too chicken to ever confront anyone, so i'm living vicariously through you.

glad today was better!

mistyblue3 said...

linny- it is much better! But the vacation sounds sooooo good right now! I think I should do that anyway!

babymakes3- It was funny! At least now. I'm not much for confrontation either, but after the day that I had had, and that jerk kept running his mouth. A body can only take so much. LOL!

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Hot dang, lady. That is one heck of a story! I read that with my eyes wide with excitement, swear to God.

Anyway, I think you did just fine and I found that way funny, no offense! Excellent post!

mistyblue3 said...

jas- none taken! lol. What a day :D

Becky L said...

OMG! crazy guy!!! thats road rage to the extreme.

i really hate it when people speak like that when kids are around. its so rude.

Avery's mom said...

you shouldnt let crumby old men hog the road and you definately shouldnt give then an open window to gripe at you through.
poor girl had a little altercation and it did make for a hilarious story! just dont do that too often and i think your kiddos will be alright. and for God sake, what ever you do...stay inside your car! its never worth a shoe in the face no matter how mad you get.

mistyblue3 said...

becky- I don't like it either!

avery's mom- hahaha! I'll keep that in mind next time I get an urge to shoe slap someone :D