About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

HELLO!

yes, I'm alive :) My computer and blogger have been plotting against me to make it impossible to post! BUT, I've outsmarted them! muhahaha!

I haven't updated in awhile. So much has been going on. Hmm. Where to start. Fun stuff first. Over the holiday weekend, I drove to the other side of the state to visit my run away friend. If I knew how to do the link thing, I so would, but I don't, sorry. She's great! She finally bought her own home there, and got on her feet. She's got a great job, and the kids love their new daycare. I was happy to see her. It's been awhile since I saw her last. I went ALL BY MYSELF! No Hubs, no kids. AND, I stayed the night. It was great, and we had a really good time. Her divorce has been started, and with any luck and a special permit from the judge, she will be divorced before her nasty X gets out of jail. Yay for her, and to starting over.
Weight Loss is still going well, but it has really s l o w e d down. I've lost 35 pounds now, and I'm loving it. Oh, I've lost nearly 20 inches as well. I've cut my size in half. I went from a 14 to a 7. Woohoo for me. I'm within mere pounds of my goal, and am desperately trying to reach it before Chicken's Wedding. Only 3 more weeks!!
I am so excited for the wedding. I can't believe that its almost here. I found shoes to go with my dress, and the jewelry that Chicken bought for me to where is beautiful. I'm starting to think about my toast, I should get that done. I don't know how I'm going to be able to get through it. I'm going to be blubbering like a baby the whole day. My bestest friend ever and my brother. Getting married, and having babies. I get teary eyed just thinking of it now. Aww.
Jade is officially a walker now. It's adorable. She walks on the balls of her feet, w/ her head forward, so she more kind of runs. Looking like she's going to fall on her face at any given moment. Tehehe. Cute baby.
My older kids are great too. We have finally reached the very last week of school for max. 2 more days. And we are freeeeeeee! Woohoooooo. I love summer.
We opened our pool on the holiday weekend. It's so gross when we first take the cover off. Looks like a swamp. The water is clean, but the pool is still cloudy, and its cold! I'm anxious to get the solar cover on it heat it up, but being that it isn't clear yet, I've been vacuuming it and brushing it everyday, and the solar cover is just too hard to get on and off 2 a day by myself.
My hubs got a promotion at work! I'm proud of him, he deserved it. He got a nice raise to go along with it. With his new position though, his hours are longer, and he can get calls on the weekends. His new position is going to make working at the hotel a little more difficult for me, b/c I never know when he'll get home now.
Ok, now the not so good news. My mother in law had the lump in her armpit biopcied, and it came back good. No cancer! But, in the follow up testing they did, they found something in her lungs. They haven't determined if its a tumor, or maybe an infection, so they are sending her back to her cancer doctor tomorrow. I hope its nothing. I really hope so. Such a roller coaster. It was hard when we found out about the breast cancer. But the treatment, and the double masectomy, and the radiation fixed it. She's been cancer free now for nearly a year. I was and am so thankful. Then the lump in the armpit thing, came back good, so we continued to celebrate her health. Now this. It must be awful for her to have this hanging over her head all the time. Always wondering if its going to come back, or when it is. I know its emotionally draining for hubs and I. I love her, and worry about her all the time. I want her to live a long life, and not have fear of it.
My friend C, w/ the uterine cancer is having a hard time too. Her surgery isn't for another week, but she's in terrible pain. She couldn't take it anymore and went to the hospital to see what they could do to get rid of the pain. They found that she also has swollen lymph nodes. When she called her doctor to follow up what the hospital had told her, her doctor said "Oh no. It must be progressing a lot faster than we first thought, or you wouldn't be in pain. We need to get that out of there." So NOW the asshole doctors are hussiling to get things done. Why don't they do that in the first place?! C's holding up great emotionally, she just wants answers, and to get rid of it.
Baby E had his biopsies done yesterday. He had 3. One on the liver, muscle tissue, and skin. It went well, but he came down w/ a fever, and puking. Getting sick in general is bad for him. His doctors said that they worry that if he gets sick "it'll push him over the edge." Whatever that means. His mom brought him to the ER, and I haven't heard yet what's going on. To get to his liver, they couldn't go through his belly button, so they made a cut just under his ribs on the right side. I hope nothing is infected!
My Uncle is also in the hospital. He was having problems w/ his vision, and feeling disoriented. He went in to see if he had had a stroke. He didn't have a stroke, but they found a HUGE mass in his brain. He is having brain surgery tomorrow morning. Good news though, they don't think that its cancer.
When it rains it poors. These are all people that I care very deeply for. I just want them well. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Distant Timbers Echo said...

I'm happy that you're happy Misty! I am sorry about your momma. Many prayers!

:)
Jas...