About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Gardening

Gardening
Current mood: aggravated

I am NOT a talented gardner. As a matter of fact, it is one of my least favorite activites. I like to plant flowers, but the rest of it, forget it. BUT, it's that time of year... yard clean up and what not. Time to bust out the weed whacker, mower, clipers, and pull the effing weeds. I've been working on that this week. Today I decided to start the little landscaped area in the back yard. We planted these bushes a few years ago- I have no idea what they're called. Anyway, this one bush has gotten completely out of control. Over grown, and weeds were growing up in the middle of the thing. I thought I should cut it back some so I could clean out the under growth, and get better acess to the the weeds... .EFFING BUSH. This bush has to be from the devil. Looks pretty but the stupid thing is COVERED w/ razor sharp thorns. Little ones, that you can't really see. Not just on the little braches and leaves, but ALL OVER. Gardening gloves are shit. Those things didn't protect my hands at all. Millions of finger pokes. Everywhere. Hurt like hell. I can't remember the last time I swore so much. And the thorns are tough- they don't break off. GRRRR. So, instead of just trimming the bush back, I cut the effer down. Oops. Little carried away in my pain and gumpy-ness. I'm betting the stupid-effing-devil-bush will regenerate overnight just to piss me off some more.

No comments: