About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Skeleton in my closet..

When I was younger, I was sort of wild... I did lots of things I shouldn't have. Parties, drinks, drugs, rock n roll, and of course, sex. I've had an interesting life thus far. I wish I wouldn't have made some of the choices I did, but on the other hand, at least I'll never die thinking "man, I wish I would have". At this place in my life, I'm embarrassed of my history. It's not something you gab about w/ other mom's on playdates you know. My long time friends and hubs are aware of all the places I've been, before I became mom. It's not a secret, it's just there. Sitting in the dark, in the back of the closet. I met up w/ a gf last night for a few drinks and some karaoke :) If you're wondering, I sang Otis Redding, and Ella Fitzgerald :) Anyway, there's this dude across the bar, and he looks familiar.. I couldn't place it though, but there was that "feeling". You know, the one that makes you want to duck and hide your face, 'just in case'. Okay, I suppose that doesn't happen to everyone, but you get what I mean. As soon as I heard his name, I remembered. Clearly. EWwwwwwwwwww! I completely had a super steamy one night stand w/ that guy, 12 years ago! AH! Gross! Yeah, that sucked. He had no idea who I was, nor was I going to go out of my way to make my presence known. That creeps me out! I don't like being faced w/ the skeletons in my closet! Boooo. I would be perfectly content if those dirty little secrets stayed put, never again to jump out at me like that, completely unexpected like. The rest of the night was pretty uneventful, but a good time all around. Oh, my van's acting up! The heat isn't working right, and it keeps getting into the hot zone on the overheating gage thingy.. Whatever it is, I just hope it isn't expensive. Hubs is going to bring it in sat to get it checked out. Until then, I'm homebound. woo! I'm glad to be home bound for a bit. Enough of this running around shit!

4 comments:

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Yeah!!! Homebound! By God, sit right there and let everyone get you things!!

:)

Love ya babuh! Glad you're back!

mistyblue3 said...

jas!!!!!!!!! I'm so HAPPY to see you again! I've missed you friend!

Becky L said...

I'm not looking forward to my daughter being a teenager. Okay, I have 11 years until then. But still, the point being that I don't want to have to say "I did this or that when I was your age."

mistyblue3 said...

becky- me either! I haven't determined how to handle that yet. There must be some secret formula! The path I chose as a young person was not a good one, but how do I express that and change their minds? I was warned as a teenager, but I still did what I was going to do... If you figure it out before me, let me know!