About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Avery has dance class on Mondays. She does tap and ballet. Today was parent watch day. Generally we are not allowed to go in the dance studio w/ them. We sit in the lobby, and can watch them on a TV. I was so excited to go and see what she's been learning! The recital is in May. Anyway, all of the parent shuffle into the room, and class begins. At first, it goes really well. Then she messed something up. Because we were all watching, she got really embarrassed, and REFUSED to do anymore. She started to cry, and then came over to me and sat down. She wouldn't do anything. I couldn't coax her back for the life I me. Bribes.. Nothing. Then she fell off the bench and hit the back of her head on it. Poor girl. I don't think she's going to get on the stage for her recital. I don't want to invite anyone to come. The tickets are 8$, and what a waste if she doesn't do it. I don't know what to tell her to make her feel better about it. Suggestions? I don't think she's feeling very good either. She woke up w/ a rash on her face yesterday, and she looks a little pale. She sounds stuffed up too, but I wonder if that's from the bloody nose she woke up with in the middle of the night. Please, not another illness!
I'm sick of our ghetto neighbors. Those kids have the filthiest mouths. Not too mention their parents. The kids were outside playing basketball yesterday, swearing at each other loud enough for me to hear in my garage. "Stupid Ass! Gimme the fuckn' ball! Shut the fuck up bitch!" The parents do NOTHING. What can they do? They talk like that too. Yes, I swear. BUT, not in front of my kids, not loud enough to disturb neighbors, and IF MY KIDS talked like that, you can bet on them eating soap. If the parents next door are not going to do anything about it, what should I do? I'm telling you, those bastards are decreasing my home value as we speak. Makes me want to move.
The diet is still going well. I weigh in again tomorrow. It's getting tougher. I was so excited about the rapid weight loss in the beginning, and now its just trickling off. Pisses me off. Its difficult for me to stick with it, which I am, and then see slower progress. Bah! Pizza please.. Maybe some cake? I'll let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

Chicken said...

I wonder why she is so shy like that? Like when she gets mad when you laugh at her. She has enough positive reinforcement, this I know. Funny how kids are.

Chicken said...

Or maybe, I was thinking...you could get her favorite uncle to talk her into it?

mistyblue3 said...

I have no idea what the deal is with her. She doesn't even like her picture taken! She doesn't EVER want any attention drawn to her. Maybe she would listen to her favorite Uncle.. That's a thought.

mrs. awesome said...

my mom used to wash my mouth out with soap....and i will too with my kids when the time comes. good solutions. and nasty tasting too, if i remember correctly. :)

Avery's mom said...

I couldnt help cracking up over your little dancer falling and banging her head, I feel so bad for laughing but the image is hilarious. dancers are suppose to be graceful and balanced, guess your avery has a bit more to work on. and the stage fright....I bet that goes away before her recital. dont sweat it or push her. all kids come around and want to show off for their family and friends.