About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, March 17, 2006

I'm being a bit naughty today. I feel kind of bad. I'm suppose to work in Max's class today, making copies and what not. And I'm not going to. I'm keeping Max home with me. If he's sick, I certainly can't go in. Other than he's not sick. I'm sick of HAVING to be somewhere, sick of sending my kids to sitters. I just plain don't want to. Not at all. So I'm not. And my conscious is already bothering me about it. Damn. I just want to be home w/ my kids. I want to catch up with them, and with my housework. I haven't gone to the grocery store in 2 weeks, out of everything, 13 loads of laundry, its time to mop and dust. I have decided that if I had a normal job, I would HATE it. How do you working moms get anything done? Anything at all? I feel like its time for me to turn off the phone, and hide out w/ my family. No more stuff to do! I can't get around the dermatologist, that's important, and I'm still going 3 days a week, but anything else, no way! Speaking of my skin, it's weird. All of a sudden this morning, 1/2 the spots disappeared. Awesome!
I'm looking forward to a very quiet weekend! I'm making 0 plans for anyone in our family. I have lots more to blog about, but I'll save it for another day. Weight update- down 8 pds in 8 days!!! Wooohoooo. My clothes are already starting to fit differently. Very nice.

8 comments:

Avery's mom said...

I was talking with a new mother friend of mine yesterday and it was so stranged hearing her say that she just wasnt cut out for being a SAHM.......I told her that yes, it get to be tiresome but I couldnt imagine wanting to be away from our daughters like she was talking about.

good job on the weight loss! when are we getting to see before and after shots?

Keith said...

good job, kiddo - keep up the good work.

mistyblue3 said...

avery's mom- I have a friend like that too. I wondered for awhile why you would even have kids if you wouldn't want to be around them, but I guess its true, some mom's just can't deal w/ the home 24hrs thing. I have my moments too, but I would never in a million years choose work instead of being SAHM! My camara is still out of order. Soon! Pictures soon!

keith- thank you!

Becky L said...

i totally know what you mean about getting nothing done and feeling so overwhelmed b/c of it... i'm getting so far behind on stuff-- b/c i sliced a piece of my fingertip off and now cant get it wet for awhile. nasty.

Becky L said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lindsey said...

You're right. Take your time and spend it w/ your kids, that's what is most important.

Congrats on the weight loss!!! You're doing great.

aughra said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. I don't know what I would do if I had to work more than part time. I do so much, I would get tired just typing what I accomplished today...

mistyblue3 said...

becky l- what did you do to your finger??

linny- thanks! That eases my guilt a bit :D

augrha- Even working part time can be hard! And being preggo's on top of it.. I think you need a nap :D