About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Blogger has not let me post for the last week! I'm not sure what the issue is, but I hope it's over!
Lots has been going on this last week. Too much really. I'll give you a brief recap :) Too much to be too detailed.
My aunt died. It was sad. We knew she was really ill, and were expecting it, but then she woke up. She had been awake, but non responsive for 2 weeks. Her kidneys had shut down, and she couldn't breathe on her own. An EEG was done, and they discovered that she had 50% brain damage. She lives in CA, while the rest of us live here, so my grandma flew out there to say goodbye, and pull the plug basically. When grandma got there and started talking to her, she WOKE up. She opened her eyes, grabbed grandma's hand, and was anwsering her questions by shaking her head yes or no. The doctors were floored, and thought she might make it. She died late that very night. It was an emotional roller coaster. She's going to do, so sad, SHE MIGHT LIVE! IT'S A MIRACLE! And then, oh no, she did die. It was very sad.
Max came down with Strep throat, AGIAN. His doc said that there is an empidemic of strep in our area. Max was unfortunate enough to catch both the first and second wave of it. I hope he NEVER gets it again! Max and I went and saw the Jungle Book live. That was fun, and they did a good job with it. Max really enjoyed it too.
My good friend's baby got some test results back this week. Baby E hasn't met his milestones, by a long shot. The doc's did some digging, and the CPK level came back kind of high. CPK is what your muscles let out when you have muscular dystrophy. They said his aren't as high as MD patients, but that's kind of what it points too. They re-did all the labs, and she'll have to wait 6 weeks for those. If it comes back high again, they will do a muscle biopsy to find out for sure weather or not he has MD. I really hope it's not that. MD can kill you before you are a teenager. There are other forms, that don't kill you, but you might always be weak. I just don't want it to be that. My friend is really having a rough time with all of this. Baby E is 10 months old. The waiting is killing her.
My other dear friend had a beautiful baby girl this weekend! That was exciting, and while she was in the hospital, I had her 2 yr old. Everything went fine, except for the donut outing, but I'll have to get to that another time. The 2yr old is a very good boy, but it made it more hectic around here :)
My mom had surgery last week Tuesday. It was for carpal tunnel, and everything went well, but she is still really sore. She can't use her right arm at all for 6 weeks. She's right handed. Makes everything a little more difficult, but she's doing good, and getting used to only having one arm.
Avery had a check up today. She has an infection in her nose, called impintigo. I can't spell to save my ass, so just sound that one out. I've heard of it before, but I'm not too sure what it is. Her ped said that its fairly common, and easier to get if you have super sensitive skin, which she does. He gave me a nice compliment too. We were talking about Jade, and I had said something about thinking to have another. He said that he could tell I was one of those rare moms, that love every part of being a mother, and that I'm a good one. That's nice to hear. If he only knew... lol. It is true that I love being a mom. It's hard for me to make a decision to stop having kids, I feel like I'm just now getting the hang of this mommy business.
This is a really boring post. I'm afraid to make it more interesting, b/c the instant I get creative, my computer will freeze and the very evil blogger will eat it! I haven't been to anyone's else's blog this last week either. I'm going to try and catch up on my reading. Hope you are all well!!

5 comments:

mrs. awesome said...

so sorry to hear about your aunt. even when it's expected, it's still very hard.

i can't believe all that's been going on! do you feel like your head is spinning around and around? if i had any sanity left, i'd send some extra for you :)

Avery's mom said...

I've been having trouble with blogger too,,, its messin up on my profile and not allowing me to update and its all so irritating

I 'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Aunt, you really have had a whirl wind week. Hope it gets to setteling down for you and the good times roll again.
and
I have a conspiracy that people compliment us mothers with all this honey soaked sweetness simply to keep the sanity. others see what we do and know that its a chore and feel as though they need to lift us up and build our egos so we can keep on this mommy trail. My dad keeps telling me what a fantastic mom I am and How I'm doing so much better then what my own mother did (?) I'm flattered but then I'm wondering why he feels like he needs to put my mother down....dont know, too tired to question and my childhood has repressed thoughts that I cant open and juggle being a new mom at the same time.

CaliGirl said...

wow...so much updated..but one thing stood out the most for me.

my hubby has MD...one of the rare forms. he has had it since birth. as an adult the only real problem he has is getting up and down from low chairs. if his butt is lower then his knees its almost impossible for him to get up. so we pay very close attention to chairs and so on when we are out. he get tired a little more easy then others if we are out walking a lot. if your friends baby does have a form of MD that is non-progressive (wont kill you) they have so many more things these days to help out...hubby is now 40 and expected to live a long life.

big hugs to you girlie

aughra said...

Oh my, you have been busy with lots of loved ones medical issues, huh? Jeez. Glad things have settled down, and I wish everyone the best. Especially your aunt, who is in a better place.

mistyblue3 said...

jodee- My head is spinning, but I'm getting used to the pace by now. I could use a little extra sanity. I seem to be losing my mind recently :)

avery's mom- blogger has been an ass. I hope whatever it was is over. Irritating not to be able to update. Yeah, tell your dad thanks, but to shut it. I wouldn't want to hear about how my mom might have been less than perfect. We all are :)

cali- thank you soooo much for sharing about your hubby. That goes along way for giving my some peace. All the stories I found online were awful. Its nice to know that MD isn't the end of the world. I really appreciate you speaking up about it. Thank you.

augrha- thank you. I hope all the medical issues are over soon w/ answers.

and to all- thanks for your kind words about my aunt. It means something to me :)