About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Birthdays

My birthday was fun. Bowling was a blast! I lost 50$ though, and that sucks. Birthday money from my grandma :( Oh well. At least it wasn't money we had budgeted for anything. I was hoping to purchase something for myself, but so sad for me. I got an awesome present from Chicken. My favorite flower is a daisy, particularly Gerber daises. Gerber daisy's don't come back every year here, so she found another kind similar, but they grow back bigger and better each year. Not only that, but she found BLUE daisy's! Not only is blue my name, but my favorite color as well. She always comes up w/the most thoughtful gifts! I was very excited about them. Now I just have to figure out where I can plant them!
Not much happening for the weekend. Hubs and I watched a movie last night, tonight I may or may not play poker at a friend's house, and tomorrow, we're having a birthday party for Max! I can't believe he's turning 6. Time goes so fast. My first baby. I was so scared when I found out I was pregnant w/ him. I was terrified of being a mother, and I had very little experience w/ babies. I never thought that I wanted kids. Not b/c I disliked kids, I just didn't think I'd be a good mom. When my water broke (3 weeks early) I thought I was going to die from the panic attack that I had. My knees were shaking. They kept shaking, all the way up till he was born. Then it was love. He was such a beautiful baby. I was also under the impression at the time that all newborns were ugly. He was perfect. He had great color, and perfectly round head, small nose and ears, and a tuft of blonde hair. I fell hard for him. I was not prepared for the joy that he brought me. So in love. And I still am. He is my easy going kid. He sensitive, loving, smart, kind. He knows everything there is to know about race cars and harley's. He loves spiderman and ninja turtles, and starting to love video games. Good boy all the way around, and I can't believe he's going to be 6. I always cry when one of my kids has a birthday. I'm excited to see them grow, but sad at the same time that they are. Ah, the joys and sorrows of being a mom :)

2 comments:

Chicken said...

I am in love with that kid too. I always have been. From the first moment I saw him. I love all your kids, you know this. But that little boy has a very special place.

Avery's mom said...

I imagine its a heartbreaking thing to witness your kids growing up. I cant wait to celebrate my Avery's first birthday. I'm going to keep telling myself that its an acomplishment to see your children grow up. we dont want them to remain helpless babies forever do we?