About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Prom and the Midgets

Chicken was over this weekend, and we were looking back at pictures of our jr prom. I'll have to scan a few pics for you from way back when. We and our dates went to the prom together. We had a riot, and my prom date, was hot. I kind of wondered on occasion if he was gay, he IS a nurse, but anyway. After prom we were staying in a hotel, and our parents weren't normal. They knew we were staying w/our dates in a hotel, but we just had to call them and let them know which one and the rm #. This was before the cell phone revolution, so we had to go down to the lobby to use the payphones. Chicken and I were both talking to our moms, standing next to each other when a midget walked by. We kind of looked at each other and giggled. A few seconds later, 6 midgets came by. We were like "whoa, I didn't know that there were whole families of midgets-weird." We live in mid-west Michigan, there is nothing interesting here, or wasn't then anyway, and we lived in the woods. Little people are not commonly seen so it was funny to us. We got off the phone, and we were talking about the family, giggling, and looking fwd to getting our drink on. We're music lovers, and kind of fanatacal about some late 60's-early 70's rock. We heard Jimi Hendrix 'Purple Haze' and we were like "where is that coming from?? Let's go see if its a wedding reception, crash it, get some free food/drinks" We started wandering down long hallways, following the music. We found the room, it was a HUGE ballroom type thing, and the door wasn't open all the way. We cracked that bad boy open, and our jaws dropped in amazement. There was this big sing that said "Welcome the the little people of america convention!!!" lolololololol! There were 1000? midgets in there shaking thier asses to 'purple haze'. So yeah, we joined them. We had a blast! We went and got our dates, and got drunk as hell w/ the cool ass little people. For as small as they are, they can hold some liquor. We hung out w/ them drinking/smoking pot till the early hours of the morning. All was well till my date passed out, and this small fella tried to make his move. Ha! How 'bout nope. Sorry dude. He kept trying to convince me that he was the shit and I should stay w/ him, my date was asleep anyway, why waste perfectly good prom night? Eeewwwwww. So then it got weird. I had to collect my passed out date, and my chicken, and crawl our way back up to our own room. That was for sure a night to remember. Nothing like the good ole' days :)

10 comments:

Margaret said...

omg...LOL

peace...

Chicken said...

That's some "once in a lifetime" shit right there.

Anonymous said...

LMAO....I've got a friend who likes hearing midget stories...this one will make him laugh his ass off...I'm gonna e-mail it to him

spin said...

Midgets scare the helloutta me!! Midgets and clowns...shudder.

But yeah, the visual is making me grin from ear to ear right now. Ha!

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

That's tops anything I have ever done!! Too funny!

mistyblue3 said...

Monkey- it was a great night

chicken- we should go do some silliness.. we haven't in so long, we're getting old.

nikki- ha! it is a good midget story

spin- i think clowns are scary to! I think it was the funniest flippn' thing I have ever seen, or been a part of for sure. Little people convention- ha!

Rachael- I don't know about that babe.. you've got some pretty great stories!

Lindsey said...

That's so funny...my best friend and I were just talking about our senior prom and the ghetto limo we had. Memories.

Chicken said...

Here's something crazy...you want to go to Diamond on Sat. night? Mr. Perfect and I are going 6-7, early enough to get a table with Jackie. I mentioned to Joel last Fri. but he was all strung out on cards! I have to show my man off! I love it!

mistyblue3 said...

linny- those are great memories.. don't you miss the care free days of nonsense?

chicken- As for now we are planning on it. You're evil. muhahaha!!!! I'll let you know, we're still waiting on a sitter, but I think we just might be in luck...

mrs. awesome said...

how often does one get to party with the little people?? nice.