About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Kids and Babies

This morning, my son says "hey mom! Do you know what this is?!" I look over, and he's flipping me off, but he has his thumb out too. hmmmm, don't panic... Me " uh, what is that?" Him "its a bird!" Holy shit... Wait.. I went over any road rage I've had in the last few weeks, nope, couldn't have gotten it for me. At this point I'm trying to decide how to explain that its not nice, and what to say about it and then "See, it's a peacock!" as he starts moving his middle finger down to his thumb. PHEW. I was starting to sweat. LOL. He's a good boy. Yesterday was rough, I was stressed, and still feeling blah, and crying. Max said "you don't have to worry about a stinkn' thing! You just change your thoughts mom, do you need a hug?" He's the best!
Jade got her first tooth yesterday! My earliest teether. Max was 11 months, and Avery was 9 months. She also started to do the army crawl thing. She pulls herself around by her elbows, and changes direction w/ her toes. Cute. I wish it wasn't going by so fast. Hubs said that I should call the doc and make an appt so he can get a vasectomy (sp?). I kind of freaked out about it. Not out loud, but made me sad. How can it just be decided that you want to give up having kids? We thought that 3 was enough, but when it comes down to it, I don't think I'm ready for a permanet procedure. I feel like I just got the hang of this mommy/pregnancy/baby business, I'm not ready to say 'that's it' and feel confident about that. We were out w/ some friends the other night and they were asking if there were more babies in our future. I said something along the lines of "if he'd let me, I'd have more". He was surprised. Turns out, he might want another one too someday. I think we'll wait. Maybe in another year, I'll feel definite one way or the other. Its so hard when you are given the gift to create life, to just not do it. But then again, there a 1000's of kids out there, that don't have a family. What to do, what to do... I think it's best to wait.

6 comments:

Chicken said...

I just love those Misty babies. You guys should go for a 1/2 dozen! Or wait..you could have one for me! Let's plan it so we can have one together next time k?

Chicken said...

I just re-read my comment...and I sound like an idiot...geez...

mistyblue3 said...

debby- My son is 5 1/2! I'm happy that you had another baby. I can't imagine what you went through when you lost your hubs, that's terrible. Awesome that you were able to fall in love again. You can have babies till your well over 40 these days. 35 is NOT too old. But I think you're right, we should wait to do something permanent.

chk- lol! you don't sound like an idiot :D 1/2 dozen is at least 2 too many... you could go for a 1/2 doz, the parents/inlaws would love it. Ready when you are! Hurry up already. I'll be patient about this having baby business for a year, but after that... Get married already, dammit.

Chicken said...

Well then we will have to make a wager on who can make a baby first! hahaha (when it has been decided, of course)Don't worry, I am kind of anxious too.

mrs. awesome said...

you should definitely wait on the snip-snip if you're not sure. you might feel more strongly one way or the other when more time has passed. until then, you can just decide to use birth control or not--but that's not permanent. i know that i only want two kids, but somehow a procedure does seem like closing a door. it would be hard for me to choose that too, even though i'm really sure i'm only having two. you can always have the procedure later....

Lindsey said...

My mom had 5 kids and when I was younger I hated it b/c we never had any privacy and I was oldest and the younger ones got on my nerves. However, as we've gotten older...I'm glad there is a lot of us b/c we've come to rely on each other for quite a bit.