About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Stories

I wanted to post last night, but I just never had time. Hectic as hell kind of day. So the weekend was great. We had a good time playing cards on Friday night, but no, I didn't win. Next Friday though. Saturday night hubs and I were sitting in the front room watching tv, around midnight. All of a sudden, I heard the front door try to open. Someone was jiggling (sp?) the handle. I asked hubs if he heard it. He did, but he thought it might be my brother. My bro left his truck here and we knew coming back for it at some point. But anyone who comes over, comes through the garage. So hubs started poking around, looking out the windows, he couldn't see anything. He went outside to check things out. Have I made mention of my paranoia? You can imagine the state I was in :) Hubs found this kid in our front yard, piss drunk. This kid has been staying in the ghetto neighbor house. He was so loopy drunk that he thought our house was his. I should post a pic of the front of our houses so you can see how different they look. I will when I'm done. T.K. had also been driving. I CANNOT stand drunk drivers by the way. His car is blue, but it had white streaks of paint down one side, and the tire was gone. He had been driving on rim alone for who knows how long, and he didn't know it. He drove from Zeeland to here, which is like 10-15 miles. Unreal that he didn't kill himself, or someone else. Hubs called the police, and they came to pick T.K. up. We gave our statements, and watched them do the sobriety test. Have you ever seen one? They're not difficult at all, and as awful dd's are, it was hard not to laugh about how fucked up he was. He couldn't say the alphabet, he screwed up his letters. Couldn't count backwards from 35 to 18, and he was REALLY concentrating- his forehead was all wrinkled, REALLY concentrating. And when the cop asked him to stand on one foot and count 1-onethousand up to 10, he fell over and pissed himself when he got to 2. Unreal. Made for an interesting night though.
This post got longer than I thought it would, so i'll save the midget and the prom story for tomarrow. Oh, I worked yesterday. That was great! Before kids, I worked for a well known hotel chain. After I had my first baby, I worked twice a week, but after the second baby, hubs and I thought that twice a week was too much w/ our plans and his long hours. At first, they said that they would miss me, but at the end of my notice, asked if I could stay. I couldn't, so they asked if I would be 'on call' so if they couldn't cover something, or someone was sick, I could come in. Perfect! So yeah, I've been doing this 'on call' thing for 4 yrs now. I usually work once a month, and I still get to keep all my perks, which make traveling a lot less expensive, and not just for me, but for my extended family as well. But yesterday was the first day I had worked in 6 months! It was nice to be back. I think I might just start working a little more. Its nice to have another purpose than just a mom.
I stopped at the store last night. My purchases were: a dozen condoms, personal lubricant, and shaving cream. Do you ever wonder if they talk about you when they leave?? :D It looked like the clerk was having a hard time not busting out. I suppose it did look kind of funny. I guess my plans were aparent. I wonder about that w/ the pharmacey too. I get cold sores on occasion, and a great treatment for those is Valtrex, which also treat genital herpes. lol. Last time I filled a prescribtion, I was like "yeah, I've got COLD SORES" LOLOLOL. I don't really care, but I think its kind of funny. But I do think that I will leave condom buying up to my hubs :) I wouldn't expect him to go buy tampons, right? Geez, I got all off track on a bunch of nonsense. Sorry kids!! Hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

mistyblue3 said...

i took pics of the houses, but blogger is being an asshole- I'll try and post them later today.

mrs. awesome said...

okay, can't wait to read the midget and prom story! :)

p.s. the guy at the store was just jealous you were actually going home to get some :)

Chicken said...

Condoms still make me laugh, when will that end?

The Anti-Wife said...

I really, really enjoy your posts! They are so refreshing and fun. (how corny is THIS reply...LOL)

mistyblue3 said...

jo-dee: lol maybe :D

chicken: i think condoms will always be somewhat funny, kind of like people you catch farting in public, always funny!

AW- I'm glad you like my cheesey stories :) lol- i'm all about corny

Anonymous said...

What happens if I overdose? � Seek emergency medical attention if an overdose is suspected.� Symptoms of an Celebrex overdose include sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, a slow heart beat, difficulty breathing, difficulty walking and talking, an appearance of being drunk, and unconsciousness.